Hey X-Men fans (Wolverine 2009)

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
I might've guessed that from your avatar. :wink:

Mine would have to be Jim Lee and Andy Kubert. Although John Cassaday (Astonishing X-Men) is pretty good too, and Greg Horn draws really, really amazing women. :wideeyed:

LOVED Kingdom Come. That's one of my all time favorites.

I'm also a big fan of "Age of Apocalypse." That is still one of my favorite story lines.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
LOVED Kingdom Come. That's one of my all time favorites.

I'm also a big fan of "Age of Apocalypse." That is still one of my favorite story lines.

Age of Apocalypse was very interesting. If you've ever played the game "X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse," they folded quite a bit of that storyline into that game. Though I'm still pissed they don't let you play as Archangel.

"Dark Phoenix" is my favorite classic story (if I recall correctly, somewhere in the Uncanny X-Men #129-137 range). Still my favorite time period is the late 80s/early 90s, from Uncanny #250ish through the second volume X-Men #30 (Scott and Jean's wedding). That was a period of pretty solid stories featuring my favorite artists and storytellers.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
Age of Apocalypse was very interesting. If you've ever played the game "X-Men Legends 2: Rise of Apocalypse," they folded quite a bit of that storyline into that game. Though I'm still pissed they don't let you play as Archangel.

"Dark Phoenix" is my favorite classic story (if I recall correctly, somewhere in the Uncanny X-Men #129-137 range). Still my favorite time period is the late 80s/early 90s, from Uncanny #250ish through the second volume X-Men #30 (Scott and Jean's wedding). That was a period of pretty solid stories featuring my favorite artists and storytellers.

I was also a fan of the "Fata Attractions" story. That's story where Magneto pulls out Wolverine's adamantium.

tejasclone

Oct 20, 2006
Chicago, IL
I was also a fan of the "Fata Attractions" story. That's story where Magneto pulls out Wolverine's adamantium.

Yes, and Magneto also crippled Cable and got his mind wiped by Xavier, setting up the "Onslaught" story a couple years later. It was all part of X-Men's 30th anniversary event (Fatal Attractions launched in 1993, 30 years after X-Men #1 debuted in September 1963).

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I really worry that the Thor movie will be dumb. I never bought into the gods characters. Rediculous if you ask me. Having that level of hero makes the others pointless.

rhillary

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 31, 2007
Plainfield, IL
I love the Comic movies but there have been some bad ones:
Ghost Rider
Electra
Hulk

Other than those, I enjoy basicly all of them (some more than others)

I don't remember who wrote it, but I don't get what he is saying that the movies do just throw characters in there without giving them the proper back-story. The best example is Sabretooth. The background with him and wolverine was totally left out.

With that said, I do accept that this has to happen because there is just no way to have an X-Man movie and give every character the proper back story and depth. There are some characters that I want to have their actual powers (like Rogue, I know she gets them from another character, but still her powers are lame until she gets super strength and flight). I thought the addition of Beast was very good. I was very disappointed with Angel though, he never even fought! I hope they did that so they can turn him into Arch-Angel in the next movie!!!! That would be awesome.

I am excited about Gambit because he was my favorite character and has gotten no love yet! I just hope they don't mess him up!:confused:

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Turning out to be a big cast.

Henney will portray Agent Zero, a member of the Weapon X program and an expert tracker with lethal marksman skills.

He'll be joining
Hugh Jackman (Wolverine), Liev Schreiber (Sabretooth), Ryan Reynolds (Deadpool), Taylor Kitsch (Gambit), Will.i.am (Kestrel), Danny Huston (William Stryker), Dominic Monaghan (Barnell) and Lynn Collins (Silver Fox)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron