Hey Clone33...

RedStorm

Apr 11, 2006
How is Wallace Franklin's attitude towards ISU at the moment. From some of his comments, and coupled with his playing time this year, I wonder if he is happy. Will he and Lyle be able to help us reel in Maurice Gray, ex teamate of theirs at Butler, or will Franlin hinder the recrutiing. I sure hope they can help talk Gray into coming here.

RedStorm

Apr 11, 2006
What comments?

When Clone33 talked to him and AA at after a game, can't remember which one, and Franklin was criticizing Robert Mcfarland and his game plans saying we were not throwing the ball down the field because his last team sucked and all they did was hand the ball off...etc. Then he did not see the field much this year...

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
My brother had a chance to talk to Wayne Bolt for about 25 minutes last Friday and he said that Wallace Franklin gave him the most fits on the scout team this year. I took that as a very good sign that with a little lifting in the offseason, he can come in and make an impact on this team. We really need some speed at the WR position. Hamilton is a good position receiver but we need speed around him. I would really like to see one of the new guys come in and take Sumrall's spot. Not a rip on RJ but his dropped passes and inability to make a play last year really got to me

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
How is Wallace Franklin's attitude towards ISU at the moment. From some of his comments, and coupled with his playing time this year, I wonder if he is happy. Will he and Lyle be able to help us reel in Maurice Gray, ex teamate of theirs at Butler, or will Franlin hinder the recrutiing. I sure hope they can help talk Gray into coming here.

I would think that if any rumored comments by Franklin were going to "hurt" with Gray, he wouldn't have us in his top two at the moment.

RedStorm

Apr 11, 2006
I would think that if any rumored comments by Franklin were going to "hurt" with Gray, he wouldn't have us in his top two at the moment.

You are missing the point. Let me try to clarify...

Franklin played at Butler....
Gray plays at Butler....they were teamates so I am sure they will talk....
I am not saying that any comments Franklin made hurt our chances with Gray...
What I am asking is....Is Franklin still happy here? Will he help us recruit Gray..tell him to come here?

I am not saying Franklin is not happy...I do not know...that is why I am asking the question.

RedStorm

Apr 11, 2006
My brother had a chance to talk to Wayne Bolt for about 25 minutes last Friday and he said that Wallace Franklin gave him the most fits on the scout team this year. I took that as a very good sign that with a little lifting in the offseason, he can come in and make an impact on this team. We really need some speed at the WR position. Hamilton is a good position receiver but we need speed around him. I would really like to see one of the new guys come in and take Sumrall's spot. Not a rip on RJ but his dropped passes and inability to make a play last year really got to me

I wish they would have redshirted Franklin this year...

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
You are missing the point. Let me try to clarify...

Franklin played at Butler....
Gray plays at Butler....they were teamates so I am sure they will talk....
I am not saying that any comments Franklin made hurt our chances with Gray...
What I am asking is....Is Franklin still happy here? Will he help us recruit Gray..tell him to come here?

I understood your point. I'm saying that Gray already having us in his top two has something to do with what his former teammates have been telling him. They wouldn't just start talking to him this weekend.

KMAC_ATTACK

Feb 20, 2007
Waterloo
I understood your point. I'm saying that Gray already having us in his top two has something to do with what his former teammates have been telling him. They wouldn't just start talking to him this weekend.

Excellent point!!!!

Hope your right....now can you get Franklin to call swanson miller and have him come with Gray for a visit,,,,that dude looks awesome, wonder why were not chasing a 4* DT that we might have a shot at......

Great to hear the comments from Bolt about Franklin.....i think one thing you will see this upcoming year is more shots....remember in a post game discussion, McFarland indicated they still didnt have the whole playbook in at game 7 or 8....so it takes time for players to change an entire system, digest it and just be able to react rather then thinking what they're supposed to be doing and then doing it, takes too much time....

Our offense with AA will throw the ball deep guaranteed.....His arm just looks so much more fluid on the deep throws then did Meyer, his deep throws always looked strenuous and he definitely couldnt throw the ball as far as AA....i'm excited, and we will redshirt IMO Lonzie Range so his Knee can heal and he will be a stud playmaker....

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Franklin will get a shot as soon as he gets some weight on him. Skinny is an understatement, one solid hit and he would be broke in half.

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
Excellent point!!!!

Hope your right....now can you get Franklin to call swanson miller and have him come with Gray for a visit,,,,that dude looks awesome, wonder why were not chasing a 4* DT that we might have a shot at......

Great to hear the comments from Bolt about Franklin.....i think one thing you will see this upcoming year is more shots....remember in a post game discussion, McFarland indicated they still didnt have the whole playbook in at game 7 or 8....so it takes time for players to change an entire system, digest it and just be able to react rather then thinking what they're supposed to be doing and then doing it, takes too much time....

Our offense with AA will throw the ball deep guaranteed.....His arm just looks so much more fluid on the deep throws then did Meyer, his deep throws always looked strenuous and he definitely couldnt throw the ball as far as AA....i'm excited, and we will redshirt IMO Lonzie Range so his Knee can heal and he will be a stud playmaker....

We were recruiting swanson miller for a long time and he took us off his list. Last week there was a story on swanson and it show up in the cyclonereport ticker even though he wasnt listed on the cyclone database. I hope we are still recruiting him, he is a stud

ISUclones33

Nov 26, 2006
He is referring to a conversation i had with landshark (AA) and flap (Wallace Franklin) This was after the UNI game I belive I cant quite remember, But I was talking to the two about their opportunities on the field, and that was after we had a good look at AA, anyhow at that time Wallace was optimistic that he would get some passes thrown his way, he really wanted some deep balls, and he wanted his first TD (he got it at Toledo) When i mentioned the playcalling, he mentioned that McFarland quote "came from a school that wasnt so good and they hand it off alot" That was the idea early on as we were running the ball alot. I think the playcalling got progressively better as the year went on. As for how Wallace Franklin is feeling... He loves it in Ames, he is a popular guy, he is real friendly and he is just excited for the opportunity. He knows he is undersized, alot of the guys on the team give him a lot of crap for it. He is a hardworker however and he is just excited for the opportunity to get out there. I think next year he will get that opportunity and hopefully be a pleasant surprise like Marquis was for us this year. Coach Shep will have him eating well and put as much muscle on him as he can muster this off season. The team stopped lifting last friday however and will resume immediatly after break. a little more insight for all of you. They tell me that offseason is ALREADY intense, coach Mac didnt really start too much offseason until everyone was back from xmas break. So they are getting after it. :wink:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I really expect us to throw deep 3-4 times a game next year. Austen and Bates can throw it on a rope. Why not?