• Todd Graham (Tulsa HC)

Votes: 18 5.0%
  • Chris Peterson (Boise State HC)

Votes: 78 21.8%

• Total voters

Ficklone02

Apr 11, 2006
City by the Bay
What other schools have openings now that ISU will be competing with for coaches? (Washington, any others?)
Now that Washington, ironically Auburn & Syracuse have committed to head coaches, there are no other schools in major bcs conferences with openings yet that I'm aware of.

gmckern

Oct 23, 2006
New Coach

JP needs to seriously think about hiring a head coach. Not a coordinator again. Fans are not willing to start the whole rebuilding process from the lowest level again. Get someone with head coaching experience. An older candidate would be the best match, younger guys are just going to move as soon as the next best thing comes along.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Re: New Coach

JP needs to seriously think about hiring a head coach. Not a coordinator again. Fans are not willing to start the whole rebuilding process from the lowest level again. Get someone with head coaching experience. An older candidate would be the best match, younger guys are just going to move as soon as the next best thing comes along.

We already tried the "head coach" thing. Guy named Jim Walden. He was older. Didn't work out so well.

MontyBurns

Jan 27, 2008
Re: New Coach

We already tried the "head coach" thing. Guy named Jim Walden. He was older. Didn't work out so well.

No, but it did work out better than Chizik:

Jim Walden 28-57-3 .335

Gene Chizik 5-19-0 .208

And Jim gave us the big upset win over Nebraska. I never thought I'd see a worse coach than Jim at ISU, but I guess I was wrong.

Last edited:

superfan

Oct 8, 2006
League City, TX

The biggest question will be who Pollard turns to replace Chizik. The hottest candidate is Buffalo coach Turner Gill, who obviously would be on the radar at Nebraska if he enjoys any kind of success with the Cyclones.

Other potential candidates include Northern Iowa coach Mark Farley and maybe even a couple of blasts from the past like Gary Barnett, Glen Mason, Dennis Franchione or even Tommy Tubervile. A better choice might be somebody like legendary FBS coach Mel Tjeersdma from Northwest Missouri State, who would be infinitely more ready for the challenge than most of those those thirty-something coordinators out there.

Gill or Tuberville I'd be down with. Barnett's too shady for me, Mason could never win the big games, I've heard enough Fran bashing from the Aggies to last a lifetime. Tjeersdma would be interesting, at least he knows how to win. Of this list, I'd put him at #3.

mcnemat

Mar 6, 2007
From my connections with in the ISU family, Pollard was on a plane out to talk to Turner Gill. Trying to find the flight records to confrim that.

Last edited:

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Quick, someone shoot Pollard in the *** with this:twitcy:

Police Car Equipment - New High-Tech Cop Patrol Vehicle Gadgets - Popular Mechanics

starchase-470.jpg

4. StarChase GPS Launcher

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron