Hawkfanatic

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
The HORROR! ISU selling discounted tickets in the upper level corners because they can't get full price out of them! What a low rent move!

Here's a newsflash for Jeff or whoever the hell he is: ISU's budget (at least pre-COVID) was doing just fine. Good enough to build a $90M football building anyway. As much as you hope that the athletic department is going to wither and die and all of us ISU fans will just start rooting for iowa, it's not going to happen.

Man this Jeff guy sure did do a number on clone fans. He ticks you guys off about as much as when Hayden came out with ANF.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Yes Iowa is the program with zero originality that changes their uniform every year, sings Sweet Caroline, etc. And this has zero to do with UI, you’re letting Pat Harty (of all people) getting under your skin way too much.

Iowa is the only program that has to have flags with I, O, W, and A on each one since fans can only pronounce letters yet. They aren't to the point yet where they can put all the letters together and pronounce a word out of them.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Honest question: how many college or professional sports fan sites use the work "fanatic"? I can't imagine the number is bigger than a handful.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
I don't think I'd go down that road if I were you. Steelers uniforms, gator chomp, GT swarm. Iowa is pretty far from original. But hey, you did invent the color black and waving at kids.

I will give it to isu for their marketing. They come up with new logos, colors, uniform combinations and slogans about every year. All great brands do this don’t they? IBM, HP, Google, Coca Cola, Ford all change their logos and colors yearly to be hip to a new crowd of folks.

Kinnick80

Jul 20, 2014
I don't think I'd go down that road if I were you. Steelers uniforms, gator chomp, GT swarm. Iowa is pretty far from original. But hey, you did invent the color black and waving at kids.
Racking my brain trying to think of one singular original idea that ISU has ever had.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
If there's one thing you can count on on this board it is the irony of Iowa fans on an Iowa State message board calling Iowa State fans obsessed. Gotta love it.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Has isu always been the cyclones? Or were they something else and changed to it like they change everything else they do?
so if someone is something before changing to something original, it makes their originality null and void? Alright, I'll be giving the steelers all of your originality from here on out.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I think Chris is made because he isn’t able to get BJ on Fanatics. Don’t think he cares about the new name of his site. He had previously owned AllHawkeyes.com , not sure why he’s switching it up, but who honestly cares?

Yeah that's whY I tweeted that. Swear to God at the time, I didn't even see the Hawk Fanatic part. I don't know Pat. Wish him well in the new venture.

TheBear

Apr 23, 2020
so if someone is something before changing to something original, it makes their originality null and void? Alright, I'll be giving the steelers all of your originality from here on out.

Ok. Let me know when the Steelers have a Tiger Hawk on their helmet.

• Dumb
Reactions: mikeiastat

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
Ok. Let me know when the Steelers have a Tiger Hawk on their helmet.
https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...ootball-steelers-jerseys/stories/201912230011

Point is, you are pointing at ISU as some copy-cat wasteland and there very well could be (and is) a lot of things that ISU has mirrored or copied in their time as an institution and athletic department. Just like pretty much every school. I'm not saying it is wrong or right, you are the one poking fun at copying. Just seems a little glass house when Iowa's whole brand that Fry built was taken from someone else.

aauummm

May is National Walking Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
Things are really getting boring waiting for COVID to be done with. So boring that we are actually conversing with hoks. That's got to be a new low for us.

Reactions: Blackhawk6515

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
Has isu always been the cyclones? Or were they something else and changed to it like they change everything else they do?

Do you need some cash? You've gone to long without monistat 7

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron