Harrison Barnes Sitting Behind KU Bench?

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
If Barnes attends KU I will have no respect for him. He grew up on money that Iowa State paid his mother. So it would be a real slap in the face to Iowa State University if he went to the biggest rival he could go to. If he went to a school like Duke or North Carolina then I would get it. KU is just not acceptable to me. I know he owes very little but when a company helped put food on your table growing up. You should be some what loyal to that company.

you are silly.

just because my father worked for IBM...I should only work for IBM and not Apple?

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
If they are offering you the same thing. It's called Loyalty. My father is CFO of Kenworth Semi trucks. If I was to buy a Semi I would not go to International to shop. I would go to Kenworth first. Just because your father worked for IBM means that you should use IBM as your first option when purchasing.

So try being Loyal sometime Palmer. I bet your dad would be happy you chose to support the products he makes his living off of.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
If they are offering you the same thing. It's called Loyalty. My father is CFO of Kenworth Semi trucks. If I was to buy a Semi I would not go to International to shop. I would go to Kenworth first. Just because your father worked for IBM means that you should use IBM as your first option when purchasing.

So try being Loyal sometime Palmer. I bet your dad would be happy you chose to support the products he makes his living off of.

whatever...I am loyal to the University (ISU) I attended and my wife and kids. I owe nothing to IBM...esp when they produce a crappy product.

you think weird.

not when working for Apple which offers better opportunities/options.

be prepared for Barnes to be at Apple.

oh...and my dad was a a$smunch.

Last edited:

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
If Barnes attends KU I will have no respect for him. He grew up on money that Iowa State paid his mother. So it would be a real slap in the face to Iowa State University if he went to the biggest rival he could go to. If he went to a school like Duke or North Carolina then I would get it. KU is just not acceptable to me. I know he owes very little but when a company helped put food on your table growing up. You should be some what loyal to that company.

I've read a lot of dumb things on this board, but this is up there.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
and for the record. The way I describe it is the way it works. People get fired for this same type of thing. If I was to buy a truck from someone other then Kenworth my father would be in a whole lot of trouble. Possibly lose his job. That is the real world. When Danny Manning graduated from Kansas did his dad keep coaching there? NO. You know why because they had no reason for him any longer. The real world is Harrison better show a little loyalty to Iowa State.

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
and for the record. The way I describe it is the way it works. People get fired for this same type of thing. If I was to buy a truck from someone other then Kenworth my father would be in a whole lot of trouble. Possibly lose his job. That is the real world. When Danny Manning graduated from Kansas did his dad keep coaching there? NO. You know why because they had no reason for him any longer. The real world is Harrison better show a little loyalty to Iowa State.

complete nonsense.

markshir

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Harrison Barnes only owes Iowa State one thing in my mind: If he ever decides that he won't be coming to Iowa State he needs to let us know as soon as possible.

His connections to Iowa State and our current players have helped open some of the doors that are open to him. I understand him going elsewhere, but if the day comes where he eliminates Iowa State from consideration McDermott needs to know so he can move on to fallback options.

That is really all he owes us in my mind.

Reactions: bufante

CyRide3

Jul 23, 2007
Harrison Barnes only owes Iowa State one thing in my mind: If he ever decides that he won't be coming to Iowa State he needs to let us know as soon as possible.

I agree. But I've come to the conclusion that we really are not holding a scholarship for him. We have moved on in a sense, but if he decides to come then we will make room for him. At least that is the way it appears on paper.

bufante

Nov 27, 2006
DMI

His connections to Iowa State and our current players have helped open some of the doors that are open to him. I understand him going elsewhere, but if the day comes where he eliminates Iowa State from consideration McDermott needs to know so he can move on to fallback options.

That is really all he owes us in my mind.

Well said!

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
I agree. But I've come to the conclusion that we really are not holding a scholarship for him. We have moved on in a sense, but if he decides to come then we will make room for him. At least that is the way it appears on paper.

my feeling is that he is gone.

I wish he would announce sooner than later and not drag it out..

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Do KU and ISU offer the same thing?

I may know your father.

Slightly different but basically and education and a basketball. You know my dad or your being a smartass. Which one?

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
Not being a smartass....right now. Just possibly met him through work.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I agree he owes ISU nothing other than letting us know as soon as possible and I think he will do that...or at least he will start giving the staff a vibe one way or another this summer.

That said, if he goes to Kansas that would be a slap in the face. I just don't see how you go to the arch rival of the school you grew up watching, maybe thats just me.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Knownothing has one of the more accurate user names on CF.

KUClone is such a fan he actually has Iowa State as his secondary team in his name. KU sucks. Go back there.

NewClone09

Jan 7, 2009
Ames, IA
KU, UNC, Duke. Don't count out Texas or Florida either. I wish he would stay in Ames like the rest of us but he'd really be limiting himself if he stayed. He wants a title, something he can't get here.. atleast under Greg McDermott

Help Support Us

Become a patron