Harrison Barnes looking to invest in a family owned business.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/urn:li:activity:6417100714308362240/

Here is the text of his post:

I am looking to partner with one successful, family-owned, business that is undergoing succession planning. The goal would be to become a significant investor in the business, keep family/management in place, and use my platform to help advance the business but remain otherwise "silent" in its operation. The family can be assured that the business will be held by my family and I in perpetuity and their legacy preserved according to their wishes. If you are involved with a business that fits the below criteria, you may contact [email protected]. All inquiries will receive a highly professional, confidential, timely, and courteous response.

Business Criteria
1. Long track record of profitable operations (no startups or turnarounds)
2. Engaged management excited to stay on as partner/educator
3. Good reputation in its community and among its employees
4. Preference for Iowa headquarters

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
He’s the Black Falcon. Black Falcon crushes business deals in Central ID.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
upload_2018-7-5_1-4-55.png

Not bad for being mediocre at an NBA level.

This is what happens when...

(1.) You get drafted onto the Warriors, even if you were a starter on a playoff team and a member of the original "Lineup of Death," you basically ride Curry and Klay shooting, Iggy defense, and the rest of a really deep, flexible lineup to the championship.

Then get replaced by Durant.

(2.) You hit free agency right as the cap spikes, so somebody massively overpays for you (in the same way Golden State could afford Durant that off-season).

But I would take the $107 million off his hands, if it is burning holes in his pocket.

I do not know if there has been a luckier time and place player in the league.

He would get a fraction of that if he hit free agency now.

• Agree
Reactions: khardbored

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
View attachment 56191

Not bad for being mediocre at an NBA level.

This is what happens when...

(1.) You get drafted onto the Warriors, even if you were a starter on a playoff team and a member of the original "Lineup of Death," you basically ride Curry and Klay shooting, Iggy defense, and the rest of a really deep, flexible lineup to the championship.

Then get replaced by Durant.

(2.) You hit free agency right as the cap spikes, so somebody massively overpays for you (in the same way Golden State could afford Durant that off-season).

But I would take the $107 million off his hands, if it is burning holes in his pocket.

I do not know if there has been a luckier time and place player in the league.

He would get a fraction of that if he hit free agency now.

Looks like he just wants to follow that model and ride someon6s coattails with his business investments as well. If it worked for him once, why not try it again?

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
He has given back to his home community already! He donated around $300,000 for a new park in Ames. He was at the Ames Library and reads to the young kids a couple of years ago. Get over it. I'm glad he grew up in Ames.
Agree. He's a good one. I will never fault him for doing what was best for him going to college, etc. And, good for him, maximizing his contract and now looking to invest back to an Iowa company.

I know he is in Ames a lot and it's not known. He's pretty low key and also truly appreciates what was provided for him in Ames and wants to give back.

intrepid27

Oct 9, 2006
Marion, IA
Dear Lord,
Please help people get over their butthurt. In your name we pray, Amen. So mote it be.

I was going to post something about not coming to Ames. Then I read your comment. Decided to post it anyway.

Dear Harrison,
I'm glad you want to come back to Iowa. If you had played in the Cardinal and Gold you would have people lined up to partner with you.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
He has given back to his home community already! He donated around $300,000 for a new park in Ames. He was at the Ames Library and reads to the young kids a couple of years ago. Get over it. I'm glad he grew up in Ames.
To be clear, I 100% agree. Barnes has done some really awesome things for the Ames community. He's very well liked in the city of ames. The butthurt people I was talking about are the ones who still hold a grudge against him.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
Good for him. He has a good head on his shoulders and will be successful after his basketball career. Hope it turns into a success story.

Freebird

Apr 11, 2006
To be clear, I 100% agree. Barnes has done some really awesome things for the Ames community. He's very well liked in the city of ames. The butthurt people I was talking about are the ones who still hold a grudge against him.
Was just going to post something like this. I always get the impression he is well liked here in Ames. I assume he still has family here.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
When he was the grand marshall of the July 4th parade a few years ago, the line was several hundred long to get a photo with him. And I don't think it was just because he brought a replica NBA trophy with him.

Reactions: cycloner29

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I wouldn’t have wanted to play for McDermott given the state of the program back then. I always wondered what would have happened if he was being recruited during the success of the Fred or Steve eras, on the other hand.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron