Haliburton has Mono

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Would have been nice if all these injuries and sickness would have happened in April instead of right before the season.

True but better now than in January, missing practice is better than missing games. Sounds like all the injuries and mono aren't serious and other than Talley won't bleed into the season. All teams have players with these type of minor setbacks this time of year just isn't national news. I've seen some major injuries occurring to players this past month and ISU has avoided those (fingers crossed),

• Agree
Reactions: Knownothing

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Kind of wonder if Haliburton's mono just went not reported for a chunk of time. That would be a quick turnaround to get over mono that quickly, no?

Yeah, must have had it before it was reported. Although I think some people get over the symptoms faster than others.

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Tired this morning. Thought it was because I was up to 2 a.m. but now I am pretty sure it is the mono I had sixty years ago. o_O

Last edited:
Reactions: isutrevman

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Yeah, must have had it before it was reported. Although I think some people get over the symptoms faster than others.
Three of my kids had mono - two had lingering symptoms and one had a more acute case. The one with the acute mono was really sick for a week, high fever + fever dreams & hallucinations, swollen glands, lethargy, etc. The second week he was chomping at the bit to get back to school (he had it his freshman year of college, during spring break). He was back to normal activities within 3 weeks with no residual effects. The other two developed it more slowly, the glandular & fever symptoms were never as severe, but for both of them, it took several months to be back to 100%.
In my experience, yes - people experience mono in different ways. :)

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Three of my kids had mono - two had lingering symptoms and one had a more acute case. The one with the acute mono was really sick for a week, high fever + fever dreams & hallucinations, swollen glands, lethargy, etc. The second week he was chomping at the bit to get back to school (he had it his freshman year of college, during spring break). He was back to normal activities within 3 weeks with no residual effects. The other two developed it more slowly, the glandular & fever symptoms were never as severe, but for both of them, it took several months to be back to 100%.
In my experience, yes - people experience mono in different ways. :)

"normal activities"... that's probably how he got mono in the first place!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron