Guess Who Made The List Of Candidates At MSU

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I mean... in all seriousness, duh he'd be on the list. If I was an athletic director at any school that wasn't already a perennial top 2-3 team in its conference in the midwest, he's on the list.

Michigan State is a GOOD job. More money, larger profile, played in the CFP championship - got destroyed but still played - etc

- the problem is without divisions it becomes middle of the pack with USC, Washington and Oregon joining Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State above it. Its probably roughly tied with Wisconsin. CMC has a winning record at Iowa State, grew up in the midwest, knows the recruiting in the midwest and has demonstrated experience coaching at schools that aren't I show up on a private plan and 5 five stars are lining up to sign.

Our struggles last year aside, it'd be negligence by an AD to not kick the tires.

Do I think it'll happen? Not really but at the same time this news is about as surprising as the sun rose in the east. Cover 3's podcast literally talked about this 2 and a half weeks ago or whenever Tucker was first reported to be on shaky ground.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
I mean... in all seriousness, duh he'd be on the list. If I was an athletic director at any school that wasn't already a perennial top 2-3 team in its conference in the midwest, he's on the list.

Michigan State is a GOOD job. More money, larger profile, played in the CFP championship - got destroyed but still played - etc

- the problem is without divisions it becomes middle of the pack with USC, Washington and Oregon joining Michigan, Ohio State and Penn State above it. Its probably roughly tied with Wisconsin. CMC has a winning record at Iowa State, grew up in the midwest, knows the recruiting in the midwest and has demonstrated experience coaching at schools that aren't I show up on a private plan and 5 five stars are lining up to sign.

Our struggles last year aside, it'd be negligence by an AD to not kick the tires.

Do I think it'll happen? Not really but at the same time this news is about as surprising as the sun rose in the east. Cover 3's podcast literally talked about this 2 and a half weeks ago or whenever Tucker was first reported to be on shaky ground.
I agree with everything you wrote, except the part about the divisions. Doing away with them gets MSU away from playing Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State on a yearly basis. The new adds to the conference will make fewer easy wins, but it should also allow MSU, Rutgers, Maryland to play teams in the old Western Division more and have a better chance to win games.

cytor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 20, 2011
Mich State athletic dept has been a mess for years. Until that gets cleaned up, nobody should want to coach there.

Reactions: aauummm and ZRF

stewart092284

Sep 22, 2021
I agree with everything you wrote, except the part about the divisions. Doing away with them gets MSU away from playing Ohio State, Michigan and Penn State on a yearly basis. The new adds to the conference will make fewer easy wins, but it should also allow MSU, Rutgers, Maryland to play teams in the old Western Division more and have a better chance to win games.
I just mean in terms of yeah, they don't have to play those 3 but they might have to see USC, Oregon, etc...

so it hurts in terms of the schedule over all is tougher depending on how it shakes out - they could very well end up getting a schedule that has Michigan, say Wisconsin, USC and Washington and then the next year Michigan, Ohio State, Oregon and Penn State.

So in terms of teams above them, they very well could be seeing 3-4 top tier teams as opposed to 2-3. Not a huge change but still a change.

But I do agree with that its less an issue for Sparty than it is for Iowa

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
I could see him taking the Michigan State job given the regression we’ve experienced the last 3 years (including this one). Would Michigan State really want him though? I can’t imagine fans would be happy with that hire.

Also LOL at Pat Fitzgerald on that list. With Tucker’s sexual harassment lawsuit and recent sexual assaults, yeah let’s bring in a guy who oversaw a program with a decade long history of sexual abuse/hazing

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron