Grand View Dual at Humboldt

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
This should be fun. We have 4 tickets and am hoping to make it, but have had sick kids all week so we’ll see.

I’ll admit I know next to nothing about Grandview (other than they’re historically very good) or NAIA. Any competitive matches in this dual? Who are Grandview’s best kids?

DantheFan

Feb 10, 2010
Here's an article from the Grand View athletic department:

Looks like some decent guys in the lower and middle weights.
I also saw an article about their 197 lber cleaning up at their last tournament. I'm sure Yonger will thoroughly break his spirit, though.

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016

I also saw an article about their 197 lber cleaning up at their last tournament. I'm sure Yonger will thoroughly break his spirit, though.
I’m sure their guys will be hungry. Our light weights better show up or we could have a Cal Baptist type showing at 25/33.

• Agree
Reactions: CyDawg23

matclone

Nov 13, 2016

The GV wrestler, who was 9-0, was no match for Bastida today. I don't think I've seen a quicker 97-lbr since Cael.

CycloneFan97

Jun 19, 2017
Referring to following in general. Is there and espn gamecadt equivalent?
Most of Iowa State's duals will be on ESPN+ or Rokfin, our next dual is against Iowa which will be on BTN. Honestly if you just check back here regularly you'll get a good sense of how the program is doing

Reactions: davegilbertson

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Been at a basketball tourney for one of my kids all day, just saw the score a little while ago. Did we look ok? Anything notable?

alabamacyclone

Feb 11, 2019
Been at a basketball tourney for one of my kids all day, just saw the score a little while ago. Did we look ok? Anything notable?
GV came to wrestle, and they are a talented squad. Take away the Inj Default at heavy, and the fortunate fall at 157, and the score is a bit closer, although still possibly a shutout. Rama in at 133 may say something about Redding's future there, but I think that things still need to be sorted out. Everyone looks solid. Swiderski is just an animal, and if giving up the first TD becomes a habit that sparks what it has, that is OK with me. 5 TDs in the third will make up for it every time. Paneiro going into OT was interesting as we got to see how his gas tank looked, and he seemed ready to go, and went after the TD - very encouraging. The Kraiser match was just one long scramble, but it eventually took its toll on the GV kid, who got reversed to his back after leading 2-1. Missed the Carr match with Tech issues, but Julien was workmanlike, Marcus and Yonger did their thing. Sam looked so solid. There are very few that will push him around this year - he looks so much stronger. The Injury was just a fluky thing on an already bad knee that was heavily wrapped.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Talked to Ramazon, 1st time down to weight after coming off the concussion. He will get better.

Swiderski is fun to talk to. He is tough

Johnson is super nice & confident & personable. Seems like he is always smiling
Toughest guys always smile the most. No need to try to act tough by scowling because they know they can take care of anything.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
GV came to wrestle, and they are a talented squad. Take away the Inj Default at heavy, and the fortunate fall at 157, and the score is a bit closer, although still possibly a shutout. Rama in at 133 may say something about Redding's future there, but I think that things still need to be sorted out. Everyone looks solid. Swiderski is just an animal, and if giving up the first TD becomes a habit that sparks what it has, that is OK with me. 5 TDs in the third will make up for it every time. Paneiro going into OT was interesting as we got to see how his gas tank looked, and he seemed ready to go, and went after the TD - very encouraging. The Kraiser match was just one long scramble, but it eventually took its toll on the GV kid, who got reversed to his back after leading 2-1. Missed the Carr match with Tech issues, but Julien was workmanlike, Marcus and Yonger did their thing. Sam looked so solid. There are very few that will push him around this year - he looks so much stronger. The Injury was just a fluky thing on an already bad knee that was heavily wrapped.
Thanks! Swiderski and Paniro will only make eachother better. Those two little bash brothers are gonna be so fun to watch. And they’re only freshman!!

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
That 285 GV guy was broke after Sam slammed him to the mat a couple times. I think Sam was just on the way to breaking that match wide open.

Stevetasker

Jun 25, 2011
Sam was killing their heavyweight.

• Agree
Reactions: buf87