Gottlieb

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
If the refs call it tight on NCCU, they'll commit 40 fouls. They're like KSU in that regard. I hate to think of it this way, but this game is heavily dependent on how it is reffed. When they beat NC State they fouled out 4 of NC State's 5 starters and shot 45 free throws. NCCU scores more of their points off of FTs than any team in tournament other than Kentucky and they give up more points off of free throws than any team in the tournament other than Manhattan. That's the thing that scares me about this game.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
It seems like everyone has Michigan State winning our region. Am I the only one that thinks we're going to be playing Virginia instead of MSU?

I get the healthy MSU love, but it does seem a bit much. The onlly bracket I filled out I picked UVA to beat MSU just because. Appling is not very inconsistent.

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
Ignore him. That's how he is. He enjoys watching people worked up over his comments.

CloneZone13

Feb 7, 2013
Upsets are going to happen to a lot of teams, so you have to gamble in brackets. I'm certainly not offended in any way, it COULD happen. But I think Gottlieb is thinking of previous ISU teams. This year's team is much more unlikely to be upset. They've shown that ALL season! GO CLONES!

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
After watching numerous expert NCAA specials since the announcement. Seems like a bunch of butt hurt talking heads are out to prove that the B12 is not as good as the numbers show. They seem to have a clear bias for the B10 and ACC to the point they are going against their better judgment.

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
I appreciate Doug doing this, keep doubting. This team thrives when they are down in a game or someone doubts them. Love the fight in this team.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
After watching numerous expert NCAA specials since the announcement. Seems like a bunch of butt hurt talking heads are out to prove that the B12 is not as good as the numbers show. They seem to have a clear bias for the B10 and ACC to the point they are going against their better judgment.

I think a lot of it is just ISU getting what looks like the toughest 14 seed, Oklahoma getting a tough 12 seed, KSU getting Kentucky, and Kansas being without Embiid.

Throw in an already bad conference underperforming in the tourney last year and voila.

I think the B12 conference without Embiid isn't going to look that good in the tourney.

HoopsTournament

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
St. Joseph, MO
www.hoopstournament.net
I think a lot of it is just ISU getting what looks like the toughest 14 seed, Oklahoma getting a tough 12 seed, KSU getting Kentucky, and Kansas being without Embiid.

Throw in an already bad conference underperforming in the tourney last year and voila.

I think the B12 conference without Embiid isn't going to look that good in the tourney.
I don't understand. So if Embiid was playing, how would that help the other six teams? How does Embiid being out hurt the other six teams? Kansas is the one without Embiid, not the Big 12 Conference.

CYUL8R

Feb 13, 2012

It's all good, when we win the whole dang thing the BIG XII will look just fine. :spinny:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
They are the best 14 seed by far so there is some logic to it. He's also trolling a passionate fanbase. It doesn't work on non-passionate fans. He's not stupid.

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there

The Big 12 has never been a bad conference. Do not confuse under-performing with under-seeded. If the Big 12 routinely got over-seeded like the BIG, it would be the most dominate conference in the past 15 years.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I don't understand. So if Embiid was playing, how would that help the other six teams? How does Embiid being out hurt the other six teams? Kansas is the one without Embiid, not the Big 12 Conference.

They are still 1 of 7 teams, though, and they will have more of an impact on the general perception of the conference since they are the highest seed. I agree though, if some of the other six overperform, it wouldn't matter.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
The Big 12 has never been a bad conference. Do not confuse under-performing with under-seeded. If the Big 12 routinely got over-seeded like the BIG, it would be the most dominate conference in the past 15 years.

I'm only talking about last year when, other than ISU, they collectively **** the bed. That year when our conference co-champs lost to La Salle and Michigan, the 4th place team in the Big 10. They were under seeded?

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Last night on Cyclones Tv i watched the 2000 ISU vs Okie Lite game from the big 12.....man, he was a hunch back point guard. He did have some great assists (and Tinsley and him were battling). But at the end of the game Goetlieb was shooting free throws and they said his season ft % was like 44%. Unreal.

The best play he made in the entire game was when he got into it with Fizer to try and get both of them ejected. He couldn't even do that right.