good gracious

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
I tell everyone from family and friends back in England how proud I was of attending ISU...and of the enjoyment I have over the relationship I have with the university today.
However,
Despite the win in overtime (when was the last?)...today is indeed a very dark day. The flames of discontent and mutiney are all around us..and Admiral McCarney is calling all hands forward to be counted and support to repel all naysayers. Will Dan be here next year? perhaps yes..maybe not. But was does matter is a little reality check in the face of things.
It is one game. It was a win. There were mistakes (from what I hear)..but only the win will matter by mid-season once the bloated smelly red menace arrives from the West.
From what has appeared so far today on this board...god only know what dribble is popping about on KXNO right about now...and it is absurd.

All that should matter most to any student and alumni is this...we have one win in the bank..we can get better...and we will stand in the rank and file of support in this campaign. After the season...we can all prattle about the laptops and second-guess everything from play calling to the snappy attire the coaching staff is adroned in.

see everyone next week

Last edited:

Chris

Mar 20, 2006
Houston
Visit site
Just like in Baseketball, most people don't remember if it is a win by 1 point or 20. A win is a win: 1-0 is better than 0-1 the last time I checked.

cgwarrior33

Mar 27, 2006
Norwalk, Iowa
I am on board. Always have always will. Sat through the 0-10-1 season as a little kid. I have been the biggest advocate for Mac. He has done a tremendous job and closed the gap with the elite in our conference. I am excited about the rest of the season. We will get better. We did last year after Illinois State, we will this year.

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
Well...four of us is a proper healthy beginning...enough to topple the plump clone2thebone over the stern

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
for everyone that whines, it still counts as a W in the column. shut your pie holes.

ah...my old charge goonies...good day to you my man (a hearty clasp upon his regimental patch )

checking his sabre....check

polished buttons?....check

ration of rum...check

"It has been too long since our last reunion...but you are not late for the re-taking of our website"

Last edited:

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
Yarrrr.... I'm in limeys.

It was one game, and to be honest, w/o Berryman, Robertson, Taylor etc... I didn't expect anything more from the D in the first game of the year. Toledo was a very quality opponent for the program. If Stevie stays healthy, the "O" will tick, and the longer, sustained drives we can put together, the D will have time to be fresh. ISU just needs to keep a killer instinct while ahead in the 2nd half, a not play "not to lose" football. Remember folks, these are 18-22 year olds we are pinning our hopes and dreams with.

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
Yarrrr.... I'm in limeys.

It was one game, and to be honest, w/o Berryman, Robertson, Taylor etc... I didn't expect anything more from the D in the first game of the year. Toledo was a very quality opponent for the program. If Stevie stays healthy, the "O" will tick, and the longer, sustained drives we can put together, the D will have time to be fresh. ISU just needs to keep a killer instinct while ahead in the 2nd half, a not play "not to lose" football. Remember folks, these are 18-22 year olds we are pinning our hopes and dreams with.

These are the yanks I admire most and am proud to see in rank left to right.
The rest of you nagging poo-poo'ers can leap to your maker off Carver

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Berryman would have helped last night. Now all we can use him for is "DO NOT EMULATE BERRYMAN, YOUNG PLAYERS." Oh well, onto UNLV.

We guarantee a UNLV win even though someone earlier said that was an upset special. Still waiting to read how that might be done. And I do not want 340 yards in the air from UNLV.

Cyvilian

Apr 15, 2006
It's too early to panic. We traditionally start off a little rough around the edges. I still trust in the talent on defense. It all hinges on how quickly that raw talent improves and gels. Hopefully sooner than later.
Let's see how things go against UNLV.

GM4ISU

Mar 17, 2006
IOWA STAE UNIVERSITY 1-0 END OF STORY.................................

darts180

Apr 12, 2006
It's not panic, it's just being tired of the same old stuff. My goodness people, what has Mac done to make all of you follow so blindly??? Of his 77 LOSSES his coaching "style" has lost 15 of them.
God I watch this stuff, and I almost long for the old days when we didn't have enough talent to compete. It hurts less to watch losses when you're outmanned than the Mac treatment losses.
Please someone enlighten me???
PS I will still be there Saturday, cheering, not ********, I am still a supporter after all, but I need the coaching staff to show me that they are capable of learning from their mistakes.

Cyvilian

Apr 15, 2006
I think we're in agreement. I think some of our problems on defense were from "bend, don't break" schemes. I don't pretend to be a coach. I don't know why they played that way. I can't stand giving up 300+ passing yards on dinks and dunks, to Nebraska or Toledo. I have to assume those schemes were a protective measure given the youth of the squad. If we're still doing that later in the year, I'll be seriously agitated. If this talent develops, we could have a very good defense, if the coaches let it be so.
I also agree the coaches need to learn from their mistakes.
Having said all that, it's the first game. Let's see how much our guys improve from week 1 to week 2 before we get all freaked out.

monkeybrow

May 19, 2006
here it is almost 4am and I am packing for the long journey into night...and finally home....and this thread is still going. While I understand where some are frustrated and question our "blind" allegiance...I gather it does no mincy good to try and explain my original posting. My opinion is that if King Jamie so wishes to "sack" the McCarney era at the end of the campaign..or continue his run as the admiral... ....he will do so. My opinion holds a grand total of piddly-squirt in the end decision...so why waste the prescious mental effort in blasting the regime?....anyways...I'm off to Heathrow and am prepared to be rolling in my own "yank crib" within 18 hours sampling delectable Sonic onion rounds and a tasty Coke.

Those of you of the brigade...please hold the line and the sails taut...your captain is affixing the eye-patch and will soon be on deck

Last edited: