Gold Rules Confirmed for TCU - It's Happening!

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
I felt bad for tcu when all the cheering was for isu in their own house, ouch.

Just like to send a huge hell yah out to all the travelers and TX clones!!!!

CyFan987

Jan 8, 2008
Waco, TX
Good job DFWCy! What was the realistic ratio of ISU to TCU fans? A lot of cardinal and gold from what I can tell
I honestly think the ratio was essentially 1:1 with a slight edge to ISU fans. The main ISU section was about twice the size of the TCU student section.. lol. Especially funny since one of the TCU students was trying to pick a fight late in the game after a foul call.

Last edited:

HawkHater247

Nov 22, 2011
I honestly think the ratio was essentially 1:1 with a slight edge to ISU fans. The main ISU section was about twice the size of the TCU student section.. lol. Especially funny since on of the TCU students was trying to pick a fight late in the game after a foul call.

LOL I thought ISU fans just cheer louder than other BigXII schools. Again awesome job down there!

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
But we don't win in the golds? I'll say this, we have more bad losses in the Cardinal and White jerseys than we do in the golds.

Cyclonin

Feb 18, 2012
Dallas, TX
I honestly think the ratio was essentially 1:1 with a slight edge to ISU fans. The main ISU section was about twice the size of the TCU student section.. lol. Especially funny since one of the TCU students was trying to pick a fight late in the game after a foul call.

Just got back. Fun crowd for ISU there. The kid that you are referring to was being quite a twack. Whatever makes them feel better about there overly expensive education and below average athletic teams!

I thought it was basically 1-1 and it was clear our fans were a lot more into the game.

TXCyclones

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 13, 2011
TX

That might have been with me. Are you talking about the kid who had both fingers flying? I started pointing and laughing at him which started the squaring-off dance. Overall nice turnout by DFW Clones!

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Great job DFWcy and DFW Cyclone fans. Are you planning an encore in North Texas during the first week of April?

CycloneJuan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 26, 2013
I saw this and found it very hilarious. Especially afterwards when he quieted down and just sat there on his phone. Great job tonight, clones!

I also sat near the hawkeye fans. They told me they were there to support a friend and then told me about how easy it was going to be for them to make it to the rose bowl... I moved after that comment.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
I first thought the purple far outweighed the gold. Then I noticed all the purple I thought were fans were actually just purple seats. Seriously. Were there even 2,000 people there?

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
Good turnout by the Cyclone fans! We took some some local friends, and they were impressed by the ISU turnout.

Just a suggestion...I know gold probably shows up better on TV, but it looked to me like a good deal (maybe even a majority) of the Cyclone fans were wearing cardinal. Just a gut feeling that gear with cardinal as a primary color sells better than gear with gold as the primary. I don't have any gold gear, and talked to some other fans who also didn't have any. Perhaps do Cardinal rules next time? Particularly if it is done at BU, since gold is also one of their colors.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
Great showing by Texas Cyclones! Glad you got to see a win.

And consider taking the trip down to Waco....the team will really need you then. And let's forget the stupid gold uniforms.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Also want to give kuddos to everyone that showed up at the TCU game. It was awesome seeing so many clones. But seriously why did ESPN zoom in on a fat lady in the crowd wearing an Iowa shirt?

veteran4cy

Nov 13, 2012
Ankeny
Had to feel bad for the TCU player who air balled a shot. Ain't nothing like hearing the air ball chant at home. Great work out of the clone fans there you could definitely hear them on TV.

DFWCyclone

Jan 6, 2014
McKinney, TX
www.dfwcyclones.org
How about that? We did it! It was a great turnout and even though we didn't manage to get the concentration of Gold Shirts that I was hoping for, I feel that we represented CyclONEnation well. I am going to call it a booming success. We had a huge turnout for the pregame happy hour at The Bottom in Ft Worth, we overwhelmed the staff and the service was less than timely as a result. That won't happen again, I assure you they will know what to expect going forward.

I replied to John Walter's challenge for Waco but don't expect much. It's a Tuesday night game at 6 PM about 2 hours from most of DFW when traffic is figured in. That's a hard sell even to the most diehard fan on a school night. I will be at the game but I've been planning it for some time now. It'll be the 6th road game of the season for me unless I can convince the wife to let me go to Manhattan this Saturday. I'm going to put the word out and see what I can do because anything less would be unacceptable. Just don't get your hopes up. There will NOT be a push for Gold Rules in Waco... They wear Gold so Cardinal will be the color of record.

I am going to do a VERY short run on the T-shirts that we created for this game. All of the profits go to the local DFW Alum group and I think maybe we've earned a little cred over the past week or so. Please order some shirts and help us fund some of our upcoming activities which will include an epic Cyclone Tailgate in December for the TCU football game. We have really big plans for that and as you have seen, much like Pizza Hut... We deliver! Tell your buddy, wife, girlfriend, kids, parents, office friend, husband or just any schmuck on the street. We aren't picky, I'll even sell to Hawkeye fans since they seem to like coming to our games (I even talked to a guy wearing a UNI shirt, wtf?). Feel free to use the link on your facebook, newsletters, blogs or whatever other way you can get the word out.

I changed the T-Shirt style on the men's short sleeve to a more "Gold" color so what you saw in the stands isn't necessarily what you'll receive. They should more resemble the long sleeve t-shirts that had a nice ISU gold tone to them. Although I can't guarantee it, the shirts should arrive before the Big 12 Tourney starts as long as I get the orders in by Wed night. Once the deadline passed the shirts won't be available. It's a hard deadline so don't wait, order ASAP. The shirts run about $20 + shipping depending on the style. We have short sleeve men and women tee, long sleeve tee and fitted women available.

The website isn't live yet because once I make it live the 3 day clock starts and I don't want this to end until after we avenge the WVU loss on Wed night so it should go live tonight (Sunday) at approximately 10PM. The URL will be

http://teespring.com/dfwcyclonesgoldrules2

You should be able to view the previous campaign before then but the new one won't be available until tonight. Thanks to everyone who chipped in. It was a fun day in Ft Worth albeit a less than elegant win for the good guys. I'll leave you with a picture of me talking to Coach after the game and another with his wife in the stands (we sat two rows behind her).

@dfwcyclones

Me and The Mayor.jpg Me and The Mayors Wife.jpg

Last edited:

ty4cy90

Apr 27, 2010
Ames/Spirit Lake
How about that? We did it! It was a great turnout and even though we didn't manage to get the concentration of Gold Shirts that I was hoping for, I feel that we represented CyclONEnation well. I am going to call it a booming success. We had a huge turnout for the pregame happy hour at The Bottom in Ft Worth, we overwhelmed the staff and the service was less than timely as a result. That won't happen again, I assure you they will know what to expect going forward.

I replied to John Walter's challenge for Waco but don't expect much. It's a Tuesday night game at 6 PM about 2 hours from most of DFW when traffic is figured in. That's a hard sell even to the most diehard fan on a school night. I will be at the game but I've been planning it for some time now. It'll be the 6th road game of the season for me unless I can convince the wife to let me go to Manhattan this Saturday. I'm going to put the word out and see what I can do because anything less would be unacceptable. Just don't get your hopes up. There will NOT be a push for Gold Rules in Waco... They wear Gold so Cardinal will be the color of record.

I am going to do a VERY short run on the T-shirts that we created for this game. All of the profits go to the local DFW Alum group and I think maybe we've earned a little cred over the past week or so. Please order some shirts and help us fund some of our upcoming activities which will include an epic Cyclone Tailgate in December for the TCU football game. We have really big plans for that and as you have seen, much like Pizza Hut... We deliver! Tell your buddy, wife, girlfriend, kids, parents, office friend, husband or just any schmuck on the street. We aren't picky, I'll even sell to Hawkeye fans since they seem to like coming to our games (I even talked to a guy wearing a UNI shirt, wtf?). Feel free to use the link on your facebook, newsletters, blogs or whatever other way you can get the word out.

I changed the T-Shirt style on the men's short sleeve to a more "Gold" color so what you saw in the stands isn't necessarily what you'll receive. They should more resemble the long sleeve t-shirts that had a nice ISU gold tone to them. Although I can't guarantee it, the shirts should arrive before the Big 12 Tourney starts as long as I get the orders in by Wed night. Once the deadline passed the shirts won't be available. It's a hard deadline so don't wait, order ASAP. The shirts run about $20 + shipping depending on the style. We have short sleeve men and women tee, long sleeve tee and fitted women available.

The website isn't live yet because once I make it live the 3 day clock starts and I don't want this to end until after we avenge the WVU loss on Wed night so it should go live tonight (Sunday) at approximately 10PM. The URL will be

Limited Edition DFW Cyclone Hoops Shirts | Teespring

You should be able to view the previous campaign before then but the new one won't be available until tonight. Thanks to everyone who chipped in. It was a fun day in Ft Worth albeit a less than elegant win for the good guys. I'll leave you with a picture of me talking to Coach after the game and another with his wife in the stands (we sat two rows behind her).

@dfwcyclones

View attachment 25120 View attachment 25119

Love that Swoosh basketball and the lettering is great too!

Help Support Us

Become a patron