George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
How many of you were at either of the Rolling Stone shows or U2?

U2 redefined what a stadium show could be,.....calling the White House to talk to Pres. Bush 35 years ago.

Or at Paul McCartney?

The first Stones show took 2.5 hours to get out of the stadium lots.

"Not enough beer outlets!!!!" So sad.

Reactions: Cupped

Urbandale2013

Jan 28, 2018
Urbandale
There was a LOT of time in there where our phones showed "no data". Couldn't text, read stuff, etc. I got a few posts in, but mostly about the shirts.
The whole concert made gamedays look like a super well oiled machine. Absolutely no reception and you couldn’t even walk on the concourses.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Just got home.

LBT were solid. Crowd just had no energy. Assume because most were still outside/grabbing food and beverages.

Stapleton was a let down IMO, but I’m not a huge fan.

Stayed for almost 1.5 hours of Strait. Dude crushed it. Great show.

Tonight was also a good social experiment on how long some people will wait for overpriced mass produced beer. Based off the bald guy in the orange shirt on the floor, the answer is somewhere around 2 hours.

Also @ImJustKCClone is the best!

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The AD should be ashamed. You make people post 200 for a ticket then make then Wait 35 minutes for a damn beer. Unforgivable

oCf6um.gif

BadBoi

Nov 25, 2015
LBT and Stapleton crowds were dead. Strait was fantastic and the crowd was good. It's hard to get much crowd feedback in a stadium

We were in section J so we didn't get to see much of the stage (knew that going in) so that did kinda suck.

If you came to drink a lot of beer, you're gonna be standing in line the whole time. That's how it works at any concert

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
It’s insane to me that people would willingly stand in a line for hours for a beer. What’s the point?
I can watch a concert (or sports) without beer but will indulge if it is convenient (short line, close to my seats). To many people, drinking during a concert or sports is as much of the experience as the concert or game itself and will go to great lengths just to have the drinks even if that means missing the concert.

It sounds like all the people I know who went had an amazing time last night but the consistent negative theme was beer lines. They will figure it out for next year assuming they do the concert again. That is a chunk of change on beer sales they are missing out on if they don't shorten the lines and make it more convenient (such as more satellite beer stands)

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron