George Strait at Jack Trice-5/25/24

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
I guess they’ll have the summer for the grass to recover.
I doubt it has a huge impact except to really nerdy grass dudes. It wasn't covered until today and if you know anything about load in/out of concert and event stuff it will all be gone by Monday.

ClubCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2023
What did they do to protect the grass? Is that a big platform?
Looks like composite construction mats. Basically a temporary floor that will protect the grass and field. Those can support forklifts, cars, and most heavy equipment. The company I work for works with those often.

SEIOWA CLONE

Dec 19, 2018
Amarillo by Morning.
My wife and I have been to two of his concerts, both at Wells Fargo in DM, the first time Amarillo was the only song I had ever heard, just not my type of music. The 2nd time it was better, people at his concerts are nuts in a good way. Guy puts on a hell of a show, but it's not flashy, not much of a light show, just him singing his songs, which if you like music, after a few beers, is not a bad evening.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
My wife and I have been to two of his concerts, both at Wells Fargo in DM, the first time Amarillo was the only song I had ever heard, just not my type of music. The 2nd time it was better, people at his concerts are nuts in a good way. Guy puts on a hell of a show, but it's not flashy, not much of a light show, just him singing his songs, which if you like music, after a few beers, is not a bad evening.
So…..his show is like…….pure country you say? ;).

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So…..his show is like…….pure country you say? ;).

Did he stop singing last night and wander off to go live farm life and get back to his roots and fall in love while talking like he's reading off of an SNL teleprompter?

Reactions: BCClone

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Did he stop singing last night and wander off to go live farm life and get back to his roots and fall in love while talking like he's reading off of an SNL teleprompter?
He never acted again to my knowledge. Hell, he didn't even act in that movie! But we used "I Cross My Heart" at our wedding, so something good came out of it! :D

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
He never acted again to my knowledge. Hell, he didn't even act in that movie! But we used "I Cross My Heart" at our wedding, so something good came out of it! :D

I'll watch that or parts anyway when it's on just for the nostalgia of it. There's worse things than the concept of taking control of your life.

He and Garth were IT during that time and it reminds me of that and for some reason simpler times at my grandparents, etc.

Reactions: ImJustKCClone

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
Run, Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind, The Chair, The Fireman, Troubadour, Marina Del Ray, I’ve Come To Expect It From You, etc. They don’t call George the King of Country for no reason. The man has 60+ number 1 hits.