George Conditt National Team Highlights

Statefan10

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 20, 2019

(This is just me poking fun) but I loved the missed three point shot of his that somehow didn’t get cut out of the video lol.

In all seriousness. He looks a ton better. I realize the competition isn’t as good as P5 basketball, but he looks healthy out there. His balance was better, his release looked quick, he was in a good defensive position a lot which led to him getting some deflections / steals, and he was timing his blocks well. Good for George. We’re going to need him this year.

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I think this is George we were hoping to see at some point. A lot of his problem was getting a foul within 20 seconds of being put out there and Prohm subbing him right away because of it. Always loved how our post players got called for moving screens every couple of times down the floor.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I think this is George we were hoping to see at some point. A lot of his problem was getting a foul within 20 seconds of being put out there and Prohm subbing him right away because of it. Always loved how our post players got called for moving screens every couple of times down the floor.

Yeah, my first thought on some of those blocks is of a Big 12 ref jumping in to call a foul lol.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
I know that was a highlight video, but where the **** was that guy the past two years?

-- led (and finished, either by scoring or drawing fouls) multiple full-court breaks
-- used his height and length to block shots without selling out his guarding position
-- love seeing a big man block the shot or pull down the rebound and be the first one down the court for his team, and it seemed like George was the first man down more often than not
-- soft hands to surprise passes from weird angles from driving guards
-- finished strong or found a creative angle/used his body to protect his shot at the rim
-- lolwut he made a three?

If Conditt finally starts unlocking his potential next year, then our ceiling goes way up. It's always been there. We've seen it in spurts. Next year will also be the first time he's had a real PG around to help set him up since Haliburton went down win the injury, so hopefully that helps him out, as well.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
(This is just me poking fun) but I loved the missed three point shot of his that somehow didn’t get cut out of the video lol.

In all seriousness. He looks a ton better. I realize the competition isn’t as good as P5 basketball, but he looks healthy out there. His balance was better, his release looked quick, he was in a good defensive position a lot which led to him getting some deflections / steals, and he was timing his blocks well. Good for George. We’re going to need him this year.
The competition in most of that video is better than P5 basketball

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
Reactions: cyence

GottaTri

Jul 26, 2012
Honest question -- how did you make this conclusion?
I think how I come to that conclusion is that the vast majority of euro leagues are significantly harder than D1. Also, there were quite a few active international NBA players in those videos (no team besides USA has a full roster of NBA talent I think). That leads me to assume if they have a few NBA players, the rest are likely euro league level or similar. A few assumptions in there, but think it is fairly safe.

fsanford

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 22, 2007
Los Angeles
I know that was a highlight video, but where the **** was that guy the past two years?

-- led (and finished, either by scoring or drawing fouls) multiple full-court breaks
-- used his height and length to block shots without selling out his guarding position
-- love seeing a big man block the shot or pull down the rebound and be the first one down the court for his team, and it seemed like George was the first man down more often than not
-- soft hands to surprise passes from weird angles from driving guards
-- finished strong or found a creative angle/used his body to protect his shot at the rim
-- lolwut he made a three?

If Conditt finally starts unlocking his potential next year, then our ceiling goes way up. It's always been there. We've seen it in spurts. Next year will also be the first time he's had a real PG around to help set him up since Haliburton went down win the injury, so hopefully that helps him out, as well.

Steve Prohm is probably not considered a post player coaching sevant

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
I think how I come to that conclusion is that the vast majority of euro leagues are significantly harder than D1. Also, there were quite a few active international NBA players in those videos (no team besides USA has a full roster of NBA talent I think). That leads me to assume if they have a few NBA players, the rest are likely euro league level or similar. A few assumptions in there, but think it is fairly safe.
This. The consensus among credible basketball people is that the Euroleague and even the other top leagues in Europe are better competition than CBB. Plus the NBA players like you said. Mexico isn’t typically very competitive in basketball and I’m not sure what levels their national team guys are playing on so that’s the only reason I said most of the competition.

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Steve Prohm is probably not considered a post player coaching sevant

This may be true, but Conditt has not really had any coaching from TJ or Kyle Green up to this point -- or no more than a few days. I think this is just George finally in shape and holding himself accountable.

There's been a few whispers around the program that his attitude matched his potential and not his current abilities. That seeing himself on a few draft boards as a sophomore went to his head. A dynamic like that would certainly explain a lot about his career arc so far. But if he's about to turn the corner, then, wow.

Hunter
Kalscheur
Brockington
Kunc
Conditt

...doesn't seem half-bad.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009

He was being coached to maximize his weaknesses. Trying to make a quarterhorse pull a plow and wonder why it isn't working.

This is the GC4 we remember from highlight videos LAST TIME he was playing for PR - instead of CSP.

Reactions: Aclone