GDAMN PROUD OF THIS GROUP!

brycy

Apr 11, 2006
Great end to the season. Team was frustrating to watch early in the year and great to watch at the end. Seniors will be missed.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Absolutely love these kids. One hell of a comeback. Too bad Purdue was so hot as that was a huge hole to dig out of. Ball just didn't bounce our way in the last two minutes, but that is the tournament for you.

Thank you seniors!

That end part is so true. This thing is set up to rip the hearts out of 63 teams and their fans.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Such a fine line between winning and losing, and tonight we're on the wrong side.I still think this game is a toss up. If we hit shots like we normally do and Purdue is off, we win going away. Oh well.

Thank you to all the seniors for all they have done for the program.

Size win over small ball tonight, but next year we'll have both!

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
LOVE these seniors and everything they did for ISU basketball. Fought like crazy tonight. Very proud of this team and everything they accomplished together as a TEAM, as one unit. Awesome!!

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
I'm dealing with my 9 year old son's emotions. This group of seniors are basically all he knows when it comes to Cyclone basketball. He went on a roller coaster ride tonight, just like the rest of us. It's hard to preach the whole "don't be sad it's over..." thing when you're having a hard time with it yourself.

Thanks to this group for so many great memories, and for being guys that I never had to be embarrassed when watching with my family. Great ballers, better men. You will NEVER be forgotten.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Yes it was a fun 4 years. Hopefully the next group can do the same maybe a little better.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I'm dealing with my 9 year old son's emotions. This group of seniors are basically all he knows when it comes to Cyclone basketball. He went on a roller coaster ride tonight, just like the rest of us. It's hard to preach the whole "don't be sad it's over..." thing when you're having a hard time with it yourself.

Thanks to this group for so many great memories, and for being guys that I never had to be embarrassed when watching with my family. Great ballers, better men. You will NEVER be forgotten.

Just tell him to be happy he got to witness these guys, and that more great times are ahead. ISU basketball doesn't rebuild, they reload.

• Winner
Reactions: CycloneErik

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Feel awful for being upset about the loss when just qualifying was good enough 4 weeks ago.

What a group...to me the most memorable since the Tinsley/Fizer season. Plenty of fun seasons in between but none of them featured teams that made this kind of a run and seemed to genuinely care for each other to this extent and/or have this kind of pride for ISU.

Going to be just strange next season with completely different faces.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
That's the way to do it. No lead is ever safe against ISU. great game,another conference tourney ship, shut up a TON of haters throughout the year. No regerts.

REGERTS?!?

milky-way-bar-no-regerts-sorry-a.jpg

digZ

Sep 2, 2011
Colorado
Damn, losing Georges and Abdel at the end of last tourney, and now these guys this time around? Easily the worst part of the tournament every year is knowing key guys aren't coming back. Through all the ups and downs, gonna miss this group, they did a heck of a job pulling into 2nd in the Big 12, and winning the conference tourney.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

What Clonedude said but also (half kidding) be thankful he wasn't on national television being emotional because the tourney cameras love to kick people while they're down.

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

I'm not ashamed to write that I have tears rolling down my cheeks as I type this, and am probably only a few minutes away, once the finality of it all sets in, from sobbing like a baby.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron