Gameday Superstitions

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006
my wife removed her Xmas nail polish and put on red and gold.

also, one time we got busy before a game so now I remind my wife of that before the game. take one for the team I say

We used your second method once during halftime, ISU made a huge comeback and it became a tradition for a while.

Unfortunately once kids came the wife decided that wasn't a great tradition anymore. You can blame her for the McDermott years.

wcamnclone

Oct 24, 2008
Fargo, ND
If at home and we are doing poorly or losing I will change clothes. So far this year at halftime of the BYU, UNI, and Iowa games I have changed into black nike sweatpants and a black under armour quarter zip pullover. And I will come back and switch to a different chair.

cychhosis

May 12, 2006
S.E. Iowa
We used your second method once during halftime, ISU made a huge comeback and it became a tradition for a while.

Unfortunately once kids came the wife decided that wasn't a great tradition anymore. You can blame her for the McDermott years.

Gee whiz! I'd have hired a sitter for the Mc D years if I'd known!

Is your half-time activity how you got your user name?

Last edited:

Prone2Clone

Oct 20, 2006
Seating position is big for me. Toward the end of the Iowa game that James White won in OT, I had a spot on the couch that was working. I went to the bathroom during a commercial. Coming back, ISU was about to snap the ball and I literally laid out horizontal and flew through the living room to land back on the couch in time. And it worked.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
Seating position is big for me. Toward the end of the Iowa game that James White won in OT, I had a spot on the couch that was working. I went to the bathroom during a commercial. Coming back, ISU was about to snap the ball and I literally laid out horizontal and flew through the living room to land back on the couch in time. And it worked.

[video=youtube;0CFuCYNx-1g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CFuCYNx-1g[/video]

ISUagger

Jan 31, 2012
Ames
I had to go put my ISU underpants on early in the second half despite them being in my dirty pile. It worked.

CoKane

Oct 26, 2013
Cedar Rapids
Last season when we had the Vegas tourney and West Virginia football game in the same weekend I wore my high school class ring both days, and watched as we lost all 3 that weekend. I've never worn it on a game day again. I also have a football jersey that when I ever consider wearing we lose our football game. Too dedicated to throw it out, but too superstitious to wear it.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'm glad to do my part but not getting to watch this team play is heartbreaking. Such an amazing team to watch and I have to miss it every game.

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland

Much like this, I have to move from where I'm sitting if things aren't going well. If all other spots are taken, somebody else will have to move too.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
Last season when we had the Vegas tourney and West Virginia football game in the same weekend I wore my high school class ring both days, and watched as we lost all 3 that weekend. I've never worn it on a game day again. I also have a football jersey that when I ever consider wearing we lose our football game. Too dedicated to throw it out, but too superstitious to wear it.

People still actually buy those??

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Well, as near as I can figure, during halftime someone went & pooped, then got busy with the spouse, then went & changed clothes, came back and sat in the same chair & got drunk on boilermakers made with rum & beer instead whiskey & beer, and then turned the tv off to listen to the radio.

Thank you! Your efforts clearly turned the tide for the Cyclones...and they pulled off the win.
:shocked: