Gamblin…Smoke and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
We need to start re adjusting expectations. 4 wins seems like a stretch with the names rumored..

6 may have already been so it's not a huge adjustment.

It's too bad if it comes to fruition but there's a certain level of idiocy if there was a clear 'if you do this, this will happen' message and they did it.

Reactions: CRcyclone6

werdnamanhill

(⌐■_■)
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 23, 2017
Eastern IA -> Raleigh, NC -> Madison, WI
We need to start re adjusting expectations. 4 wins seems like a stretch with the names rumored..
No way. We make a bowl game, even if all 6 miss the whole year, which seems unlikely. None of those guys are game breakers, except Lee, but we have a lot of depth there.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
If Vegas has us at 5.5 wins there’s a real good chance we win 5-6 games.

Honestly it’s better to lose those guys now instead of having them practice with the first team then in August or September scramble to insert someone else and try to get them ready.

With CMC and his new staff I’d take the over on 5.5.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
How has no one done any reporting on this? I'm guessing they'll drop this to the media the Friday before 4th of July?
I think they are waiting on the facts. It was heavily reported when it first broke and really nothing has changed since then. Just have to wait for the investigation to conclude.

Reactions: Statefan10

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
Well, the Iowa baseball players got yanked and never saw the field again. So I guess don't do something you were told not to do.
You mean like speeding, jaywalking, being inebriated in a public place, illegal parking, spitting on the sidewalk, etc? The punishment needs to fit the crime.

The NCAA allows a player who was an accessory to murder to play without any penalty.

And they allow players taking pay-to-play money from boosters that's not actually an NIL deal. And that's a violation of 2 clear NCAA rules.

All of the rumored players are in good standing with grades and everything else AFAIK, but some on here want to kick them off the team for this? Ridiculous...

• Dumb
Reactions: I@ST1

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012
How has no one done any reporting on this? I'm guessing they'll drop this to the media the Friday before 4th of July?
Also, it doesn't sound like they will be able to bury this story by dropping it on a holiday weekend. With the names and punishments being thrown around, it's going to be a massive story. The soft rumors around here, and other insider sources, will soften the blow for some, but it's still going to be a big deal.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
You mean like speeding, jaywalking, being inebriated in a public place, illegal parking, spitting on the sidewalk, etc? The punishment needs to fit the crime.

The NCAA allows a player who was an accessory to murder to play without any penalty.

And they allow players taking pay-to-play money from boosters that's not actually an NIL deal. And that's a violation of 2 clear NCAA rules.

All of the rumored players are in good standing with grades and everything else AFAIK, but some on here want to kick them off the team for this? Ridiculous...

The punishment for gambling is clear cut. It might be a stupid punishment. But they all knew it. If jaywalking, public into, and illegal parking had clear punishment too, I wouldn't feel sorry for them either.

I don't want the players to be kicked off the team (unless one or more was facilitating the gambling of the others). But I won't feel sorry for them if they are.

Reactions: WastedTalent

Klubber

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Aurora, IL
The punishment for gambling is clear cut. It might be a stupid punishment. But they all knew it. If jaywalking, public into, and illegal parking had clear punishment too, I wouldn't feel sorry for them either.

I don't want the players to be kicked off the team (unless one or more was facilitating the gambling of the others). But I won't feel sorry for them if they are.
The punishment for gambling is anything but clear cut. We have no clue at this point what the punishment will be, unless I missed something.

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
The punishment for gambling is anything but clear cut. We have no clue at this point what the punishment will be, unless I missed something.
Yeah, you might wand to read the rules. It’s pretty clean cut you don’t do it.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
So is this a thread where it's best to just wait until the title changes to something that happened before checking?

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
I've already assumed the worst..... we'll lose all 5 FB players for the entire season. Which will be a disaster for a team that was already possibly the worst in the Big 12 even with these 5 critical players.

I don't think anything worse than that will happen... so it's only up from here for me.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
This is 110% a witch hunt by the gambling commission. I guarantee this is happening at colleges around the country, and the rest of the state. I just graduated from a small college and I can promise you there are underage students gambling everywhere. The fact that it was limited to Iowa State and Iowa is ridiculous.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
This is 110% a witch hunt by the gambling commission. I guarantee this is happening at colleges around the country, and the rest of the state. I just graduated from a small college and I can promise you there are underage students gambling everywhere. The fact that it was limited to Iowa State and Iowa is ridiculous.

It’s the athletes that matter.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Cousin’s coworker knows someone who’s a big donor and told them so
Easy there. That is premium info.
I knew I could count of CF for the down low!
So is this a thread where it's best to just wait until the title changes to something that happened before checking?
I'm confused. I have no idea what's going on. I guess I'll have to wait 'till it happens. LOL

This stuff is not too funny though.

• Haha
Reactions: ISUKyro
Status
Not open for further replies.