Gamblin…Smoke and Fire

Status
Not open for further replies.

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
Sounds like they took any eligibilty from all of the baseball players involved and they will never be allowed to play college baseball again. Believe there was 3.
Were they seniors that would have no eligibility left after this season? Sorry I don't follow the TOE baseball team.

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Lol. “If you’re not into podcasts, you’re not that into college football”. I laughed, harder. Next you’re going to tell me fantasy football is cool.
Lol you're really sticking to this podcast=nerd thing? It's just a different media entertainment channel. Instead of tuning into a 30-minute SEC infomercial on ESPN, you get 60-90 minutes of discussion about every conference. You should give it a try if it doesn't threaten your masculinity. Boomer.

IowaState88

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 9, 2022
Where is this info being reported at?
I think people are reading into the fact that one of the Iowa baseball players who was a RS-FR and involved in the investigation posted on instagram saying “Goodbye baseball. Thanks for all the great memories.”

• Informative
Reactions: VeloClone and 06_CY

SolterraCyclone

Jul 26, 2021
How many Iowa athletes were involved by sport? I think the total was like 26. More than ISU.

So 3 were baseball players. What’s the allocation of the other 23 by sport?

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
From what I've heard/read, this won't affect the current Iowa football roster much at all, which is a shame

mitchforcy

Dec 1, 2009
From what I've heard/read, this won't affect the current Iowa football roster much at all, which is a shame
Someone had posted that the guy who runs their collective said the impact to the football team would be minimal. I heard on the radio that their wrestling team may be the team getting hit hard.

• Optimistic
Reactions: VeloClone

FOREVERTRUE

Sep 18, 2017
so key takeway.. wait until SR year to begin inside betting lol
Well I'm wondering if the red shirt fr/so is being hit extra hard because most freshmen and soph wouldn't be 21 anyway so there would be legal issues too not just NCAA. This is speculation because for all I know he might be 21.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
Lol you're really sticking to this podcast=nerd thing? It's just a different media entertainment channel. Instead of tuning into a 30-minute SEC infomercial on ESPN, you get 60-90 minutes of discussion about every conference. You should give it a try if it doesn't threaten your masculinity. Boomer.

You said "If you aren't into podcasts then you aren't into college football"

Personally I think what you said is dumb. I watch tons of college games but I don't watch sports talk shows, listen to sports talk radio or podcasts because I don't really care what the "talking heads" have to say. I enjoy watching the games, I don't need to listen to or watch people talking about the same thing over and over.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006

Personally I think what you said is dumb. I watch tons of college games but I don't watch sports talk shows, listen to sports talk radio or podcasts because I don't really care what the "talking heads" have to say. I enjoy watching the games, I don't need to listen to or watch people talking about the same thing over and over.
Same here. I live college football and basketball but have never listened to sports radio or listened to podcasts. The one time I tried listening to a sports radio show about 20 years ago I about road raged out of frustration of the yelling and bickering. A single-time offender, 20 years sober.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny

Same for the most part. I've almost never been interested in sports talk radio historically. Though I do enjoy the CF\Iowa Everywhere podcasts, though I think that's as much for the non-sports talk as anything.

Nor'easter

Sep 25, 2016
Sounds like they took any eligibilty from all of the baseball players involved and they will never be allowed to play college baseball again. Believe there was 3.
That's insane. What was the scope of the baseball betting? Was it impacting their games or is it on the same level as what ISU players supposedly did? I thought I heard whatever the baseball players did was more egregious somehow.

Reactions: fsanford and ozzie8

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
That's insane. What was the scope of the baseball betting? Was it impacting their games or is it on the same level as what ISU players supposedly did? I thought I heard whatever the baseball players did was more egregious somehow.

Same level. You can't bet on games. Baseball players live with Football players and so on. They don't want any gambling. I totally understand. If a baseball player is next door neighbors with a kid that can effect a game, it's to tempting. This first round of this they are going to go full out and make examples. They should have totally known. Whomever is guilty at Iowa State is gone. They preach this stuff all the time. They know the rules and consequences.

Status
Not open for further replies.