Friday OT - Splurge Items

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
I have no idea if we spend too much or save too much. We don't really buy anything super nice but we always seem to be eating out.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
A good cable package. The wife is always telling me we should downgrade, as we always seem to watch the same channels, but nothing pisses me off more than not getting a channel for something I want to watch.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Just had a mental image of someone jogging in full Iowa State wardrobe while drinking from a bottle of whiskey and firing a gun into the air. Beautiful

He's the rootinest, tootinest, shootinest, Cyclone fan there is!

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
Craft beer but this one doesn't bother me.

Cars-This one does bother me. I know better but it's an obsession. BTW, does anyone want to buy a 2013 Ram and save about 10k?:shocked:

Rabbuk

Mar 1, 2011
The best advice my grandpa ever gave me was a car is just a box of 150-200k miles to get you from point A to point B.

isufan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 23, 2009
SW Iowa
Just had a mental image of someone jogging in full Iowa State wardrobe while drinking from a bottle of whiskey and firing a gun into the air. Beautiful

I picture everyone as their avatar. So it should be Johnny Orr jogging in a full ISU wardrobe while drinking whiskey and firing a gun.

EYEoftheSTORM

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 3, 2009
Ames, Iowa
This is a pretty accurate description of me after a bball victory over KU...

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I want a new bike, I don't need one, but the one I really want is way too much money. I am having a hard time resisting just going and getting it today. So it is not a splurge, yet.

Ok it is now it is a splurge. Proud owner of a Surly Disc Trucker!

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA

Whenever I see my particular model of running shoes on sale, I buy 2 pairs whether I need them or not. I seriously have 4 pairs in my closet still in their box. Drives my wife crazy.

Am on a big CC Classic kick right now so I buy a couple bottles whenever I see it. I bet I have 5 or 6 in my cabinet at home. Good whiskey but still priced right.

And I have 5 different handguns, 2 shotguns, a lever action Henry .22 rifle, and an AR-15. Started out with an XDM for home defense. Have added a Colt Revolver, a Kimber 1911, a Tarus Judge .45 with 6 1/2" barrel, and a Berretta 92FS.

So... Basically, I have a good wife.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Little round pieces of black vinyl with large holes. Usually containing a song on each side. I just love 45 RPM records and have way too many. They're kind of like puppies; they all need a good home.

I am trying to complete catalogs of several of my favorite artists/groups of the 60's and it's getting down to just a few rarer pieces for some of them and the prices are sometimes even too much for me to consider. But Ebay searches can sometime reveal exactly what I need.

Also like to keep my '55 (pictured left) running, but it actually cost less to buy than the mustang I sold at the same auction, so I don't really feel like it's a splurge item.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron