Friday OT - Over My Dead Body

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
In the early 90's, a roommate of mine went to New York and saw the David Letterman Show. He went into the store next door and got me a T-shirt with a picture of Larry "Bud" Melman on the front. He also got it signed by Mujibur and Sirajul. It's so precious I won't even wear it for fear of having the ink run so there's no way I'm throwing it away.

oldman

Nov 5, 2009
clip_image001.jpg

I actually have two drawings my oldest daughter did when she was 4 taped to the wall of my office. She is a lefty so one has her name written backwards. It's HANNAH but the Ns face the wrong way. She's now 26 and is the project coordinator for our company.

clip_image001.jpg

clip_image001.jpg
So how do you put a picture in here? I'm failing miserably.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I used to have a few things, but many were pitched by the wife since she had no idea why I would want them. Have an Aerosmith shirt from perm vacation tour (first major one I went to) hidden (plus it's one I was forced to change out of in HS on the 20th time I wore it). Have a couple other tshirts and a old wrestling sweatshirt from HS.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
My grandma was a master quilter. She handmade each of the grandkids (14 of us) a quilt that we got for high school graduation. These things are incredibly well made. She's sold some at events in the past and gotten thousands of dollars for them. I obviously won't part with that and honestly it's hard to get myself to use it on a bed.

She also made a quilt for me that is now over 40 years old that I still have and use. It's just so damn comfortable. My cat took it over as his the past year and when I sadly put him down last week, I was holding him in that quilt. I won't part with that either.

I didn't want to overwhelm you on FB, but I've been thinking of you. <3 I can imagine it's been a pretty rough time, please know I'm here if you need anything! I mean, a state away, but you know what I mean. :) I think I saw your parents getting in their car at Burgie's last Saturday when A and I were going on a girl-date - I doubted they'd recognize me, but I was going to pass along my condolences via them.

Angie - this thread gives me an idea for a new thread, crap of your spouse you'd like to trash.

Oh hell yes - this is going on the list for the next few weeks. I love it.

Is she still on speaking terms with you after disparaging Taco Tico?

It only shows how much I love him that I will look past knocking the Tico. ;)

Probably honey, sweetie, snookums, muffin, darling, angel, treasure and blossom.

LOL - sure! ;)

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
My 1967 orange one was definitely MY weirdest one but I did think of another very very strange item I have. Proves my keepsake fetish is hereditary - perhaps.

My grandmother always told us she had only ever had one real haircut. She'd always worn her hair up and I had seen her comb it out before. She said she'd had some trims but only the one hair cut. If I remember correctly she said she was 10 years old when it was cut.

She also told us she still had the braided pony tail in her possession.

I sort of forgot about that until we were clearing out my Dad's house and there were a lot of stuff from his parents too. In a box there was a very old candy tin and inside is a braided clump of hair about 8 inches long. Light brown. It obviously had to be hers. Yes, I still have it as I had the 'big' house with lots of room. I guess it could be handy in case anyone wants to do some DNA testing. Based on her birth year it's probably about 107 years old at this point.

cyputz

Jul 26, 2006
O'Malleys long sleeve T - mint, love it. Only wear it seldom at the lake in Mn surprised how many people have been there - or family member had worked there.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Pretty sure there is still an old Grandaddy's anniversary shirt in a drawer in my bedroom. Still have a old HS football practice jersey, wear it occasionally in the fall when doing yard stuff.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
My old hs bball warm up jersey.
My old hs tang soo do uniform.
A t-shirt from ISU engineer camp in 1989.
A "See Troy Run" t-shirt from his sophmore year.
They all still fit!

And good lord, the thing the Mrs hates -- maybe a dozen plastic glue-together models of Star Trek ships (unassembled) from when Ertl up in Dyersville used to make them. Got them on clearance back in the 90s. Someday when retired I will put them together. At least that is the theory.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
A teddy bear that I had as long as I could remember. Would always sleep with it when I was sick as a kid. At mom and dads somewhere.

Farnsworth

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines, IA
We just massively went through all our crap so we've gotten rid of a bunch, although still holding on to old shirts, jerseys, and crap I bought in Aussie I have no use for.

The weirdest thing I'm still holding onto is a ripped half of a dollar bill. A friend and I found it while biking in 7th grade, 1998ish. We split it and made a bet that whoever could steal it from the other person owed them a round of pizza buffet and Breadoux. Every few years we'll contact each other to see if they still have it. Mine has survived my wallet being stolen twice. Once in the middle of winter where the thief ditched things one by one along a road, and I spent 1.5 hours trying to gather items out of the slushy curb.