Friday OT #3 - I'm A Big Kid Now

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
I would love to go to the gym before work, but I need like an hour after working out to cool down and stop sweating. I should just do it for a couple weeks and see if my sweat glands can adjust.

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
I just got done complaining to my wife over text about the fact that the state charges the processing fees for credit card, debit card, or a check on top of the registration fee. I have a strong opinion about this type of thing and argue it frequently, which I'm sure my wife is tired of hearing about.

Cybirdy

Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Mine is more the Mom thing than adult thing. I was at Target yesterday and was going to snap my nephew who was moving back to ISU yesterday to see if he needed anything.

• Friendly
Reactions: NWICY and Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
Oh man, you take it to a whole new level. I don’t know if there’s anything more that could have made 14 year old Pants groan that your comment there.

Right?! It's horrifying. I don't do it often, I usually listen to music at my desk that is definitely not going to come up in business meetings. I figure that levels it out?

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Giving up jalapenos (at least for a period) based on how my digestive system dealt with them so severely the last time I ate them.

I will probably 'experiment' again in the future to see if maybe a lesser quantity of them will be okay with Mr Bowel.

Reactions: jcyclonee and Angie

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I'm also critical about stupid lyrics and swearing in songs that my daughter listens to. I tell myself it's a parental thing, but it's really hypocritical of me given some of the music I've listened to and still listen to.

• Agree
Reactions: jcyclonee and Angie

Alswelk

Slightly Radioactive
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 5, 2006
Albuquerque, NM
With the exception of vacations, I haven't stayed up past 11 in about three years. My 4-legged friend wakes up about 5:30 regardless, so for my own sanity I have to go to bed at reasonable times.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean and Angie

SCyclone

Mar 11, 2014
Fort Dodge, IA
I'm there with @coolerifyoudid. I make goofy noises now all the time, I feel somewhat embarrassed about it. (I just left myself open for all kinds of retorts, but that's OK.)

Also - if I see 10PM anymore, it's only because there's a good game or movie on that I want to finish.

Wear a cap when my hair looks like ****.

Here's a good one - I climbed up in the box of my pickup last week, and when I went to get out I thought "Hell, years ago I'd just jump out." Ah, no. Knees wouldn't like that at all.

zarnold56

Aug 9, 2009
One thing that signaled to me I was an adult, is when I always starting filling my gas tank full every time instead of $10 or $20 at a time.

Help Support Us

Become a patron