Friday OT #2 - What's With ALLLL Those Cereal Brands?

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Adult: I still love regular Cheerios and Special K and Corn Chex

Child: Cap'n Crunch w/ Berries OR Cap'n Crunch OOPS! Just Berries or Fruity Pebbles or Cinnamon Toast Crunch or Lucky Charms

This was the original all berries cereal and it was delicious. I love me some 80's cereal nostalgia.

1630074978333.png

Reactions: Candide and Angie

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Regarding prize now that I think about it cereals have gone away from having prizes in them anymore. Parents are probably thanking their lucky stars.
I remember getting a prize that was a submarine. You filled it with baking soda and it went up and down in the water. What a mess. Thanks goodness they got rid of those before I had kids.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Top 5 as a kid-
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Reese’s Puffs
Golden Grahams
Cinnamon Life
Lucky Charms

Top 5 as an adult-
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Reese’s Puffs
Golden Grahams
Cinnamon Life
Lucky Charms

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
"Kid" (sweetened) category that I still like:
Cocoa Pebbles
Cap 'n Crunch
Golden Crisp (formerly Super Sugar Crisp)
Frosted Flakes (formerly Sugar Frosted Flakes)
Cocoa Puffs (occasionally)
Quisp (rarely see it)

"Adult" go-to's
Rice Krispies
Life (basic only)
Wheat/Rice Chex
Corn Flakes
Wheaties
Grape Nuts

CycloneSarah

Aug 9, 2016
Cinnamon Toast Crunch will always be the GOAT but it's been quite a while since I've allowed myself to buy any.

Crispix is my favorite "adult" cereal. I eat it dry by the handful more than I do with milk. It also makes the best puppy chow!

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
What is your favorite all-time cereal? Or break it up as a kid vs an adult?

I am terrible at adulting - Cap'n Crunch forever.

You gotta go with Cap'n Crunch with Crunch Berries. My favorite adult cereal is Wheat Chex, but I can never find big boxes of Wheat Chex. My grocery stores around here only carry the tiny boxes, which hold about a bowl and a half of cereal. The quantity keeps going down while the prices keep rising.

Reactions: Angie

Bocy

Nov 27, 2016
Central IA
Waffle Crisp, sadly it no longer exists.
Agree completely with this. I had been eating Waffle Crisp since the late 90's until it was discontinued in 2018.
But guess what -- I just did some searching, and apparently it's back as of January this year!!
I'm headed back to the store to fill the gap that's been missing for me these past few years..

Reactions: FarmClone

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Probably would lean towards peanut butter captain crunch, with crunch berries, lucky charms, and rice krispies behind.

I almost never have cereal (or breakfast) anymore though.

FarmClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 3, 2009
Agree completely with this. I had been eating Waffle Crisp since the late 90's until it was discontinued in 2018.
But guess what -- I just did some searching, and apparently it's back as of January this year!!
I'm headed back to the store to fill the gap that's been missing for me these past few years..

As dumb as it is, this actually made my day.

Reactions: Bocy

khardbored

Oct 20, 2012
Middle of the Midwest
large_4dfacf56-cfa0-432d-bb66-b5eb27eb5675.jpg

Is it just my memory, or was there a super corny jingle for this back in the 90's, like "Blueberry morning and you!!!!"

Side note, apparently there is a guy who reviews cereals on YouTube and has 27,000 subscribers :D

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
As a kid, I think it was Sugar Corn Pops. Now, it's Great Grains Cranberry Almond Crunch.
Can't believe there's not more love for Sugar Pops. "Sugar Pops are TOPS!

As an adult I like the frosted shredded wheat. Or Honey Nut Cheerios. Occasionally I'll get Honey Bunches of Oats. And yes, I've been know to do the Reeses every now and again as an adult.

Helpful hint. If you want to kick start your morning cereal add a dollop of the liquid French Vanilla coffee creamer with the milk. It's a game changer!