Friday OT #2 - What did you get/give this year for V-Day?

MrOtter

Sep 6, 2010
Fort Collins, CO
Tip #3

Just because you forgot V-day doesn't mean you can't go on Amazon.com to order her something and have it delivered. Just print out a picture of what you bought and say it is in the mail. You can't control what the post office does. You'll be a saint and you can blame Uncle Sam for the screw-up. Win-Win.

This is actually kinda my go-to. She knows I ordered it yesterday but doesn't care cause she is getting something she wants. Then I do something nice for her (I cleaned the apartment today) and get her a bottle of nice wine.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Got her Star Gazer lilies (Her favorite) and a card. I got my 13 month old a picture book. I am freaking golden for at least a day or so. :spinny:

SerenityNow

Dec 4, 2009
Central Iowa
My wife got her 20th anniversary ring at Christmas. I told her then that makes me good for the entire year (no V-Day, no birthday, no anniversary, no Christmas). And, she agreed.

But, we're still heading to Lime tonight to knock back a few, so I got that going for me...which is good.

ISpyCy

Sep 17, 2011
Harlan, IA/Lincoln, NE
Gave:

- Half dozen roses (three white, three orange w/ red tips).
- Spa Day/Massage coupon (I actually set up the appointment for her to use it. It was my present to her last year and she hasn't used it yet).
- Shari's Berries (...cause they're ******* awesome, that's why).
- Dinner and movie date tomorrow night.

Got:

Nothing..................................(yet?).

bugs4cy

Jun 7, 2009
Story County
We are not a sappy pair. And both of our birthdays are within days of Valentines so we don't go all nuts buying different presents.

My husband got me a huge bat house. Yep, I actually asked for a bat house. We really need to bite the bullet and buy a honey extractor this year (will cost the same as my wedding ring did back in the day) so we tend not to buy petty little gifts buy buy big ticket items and call off the little present-giving.

And, a new little heifer dropped today so he told me that is also my present.
:skeptical:

cymac2408

Jul 4, 2013
Urbandale IA
My wife asked me what I got her for V-Day, I told her nothing. You've got me, everyday is like Valentine's Day. Her response, "you better get to Helzberg's ."

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
But in reality I spent it alone. Mostly because I don't wear a hat, boots, and a camo shirt/hoodie 24/7/365, have a full grown neckbeard that I have to shave every 24 hours, don't chew constantly, get drunk on Keystone Light on the weekends, drive a jacked up truck, go mudding, go deer hunting every fall, or talk like a f***** redneck.

If I did all that, I'd have a girlfriend in about 10 seconds in my town. But that's not me and I'm never changing who I am.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
We are not a sappy pair. And both of our birthdays are within days of Valentines so we don't go all nuts buying different presents.

My husband got me a huge bat house. Yep, I actually asked for a bat house. We really need to bite the bullet and buy a honey extractor this year (will cost the same as my wedding ring did back in the day) so we tend not to buy petty little gifts buy buy big ticket items and call off the little present-giving.

And, a new little heifer dropped today so he told me that is also my present.
:skeptical:

That was sweet of him. How many bats does it hold?

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
My wife asked me what I got her for V-Day, I told her nothing. You've got me, everyday is like Valentine's Day. Her response, "you better get to Helzberg's ."
I see cubic zirconium in your future as a compromise.

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
But in reality I spent it alone. Mostly because I don't wear a hat, boots, and a camo shirt/hoodie 24/7/365, have a full grown neckbeard that I have to shave every 24 hours, don't chew constantly, get drunk on Keystone Light on the weekends, drive a jacked up truck, go mudding, go deer hunting every fall, or talk like a f***** redneck.

If I did all that, I'd have a girlfriend in about 10 seconds in my town. But that's not me and I'm never changing who I am.

SDIF226749.jpg

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron