Friday OT #2 - Bowling for Soup

pulse

Mar 24, 2006
San Diego. Always wanted to go to the Holiday Bowl when we were offiliated. New Orleans would be great though. Third would be Orange.

runbikeswim

Oct 23, 2014
honestly, I have always been a bit envious of all the Hawk fans that have been to Pasadena and the Rose Bowl....

• Funny
Reactions: Prone2Clone

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Rose Bowl for sure.

Second option would be the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. And I mean the REAL Cotton Bowl.

Third option would be when they open that new stadium in Vegas.

New Orleans is overrated, don't @ me.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
If you take a wrong turn in the French Quarter, it doesn't take long to end up in one of the dangerous areas.

Yeah, one time I was put up in a "haunted" hotel a couple of blocks off of Bourbon Street. I think "haunted" just meant that a lot of people got murdered there!

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Rose Bowl for sure.

Second option would be the Cotton Bowl in Dallas. And I mean the REAL Cotton Bowl.

Third option would be when they open that new stadium in Vegas.

New Orleans is overrated, don't @ me.
Vegas is fine but it's too shiny and sparkly. I prefer seedy and murderous.

• Funny

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Just go to downtown Vegas (not Paradise where the strip is) and then walk past the container park
Even in downtown Vegas, it still feels like you kind of have to work at it to get into the murdery areas. In New Orleans, it almost feels like they're funneling drunken souls into the murdery areas. Maybe it has something to do with the traditional Voodoo culture.

• Winner

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
"Seedy" was probably not the right word. It was more that we were in dangerous areas. Not "seedy" as in "debaucherous."
giphy.gif

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Phoenix gets my vote. My family celebrated Christmas in Phoenix one year and it was fantastic.

You could make a snowbird trip of it with Vegas being about 4 hours away, Lake Havasu City being about 3 hours away, the Grand Canyon being 3 hours away. Not to mention Camelback Mountain is nearby for hiking.

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Phoenix gets my vote. My family celebrated Christmas in Phoenix one year and it was fantastic.

You could make a snowbird trip of it with Vegas being about 4 hours away, Lake Havasu City being about 3 hours away, the Grand Canyon being 3 hours away. Not to mention Camelback Mountain is nearby for hiking.
Not seedy and murderous enough.