Fred vs Fran.....any question

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Adam Woodbury and Mike Gesell grew up as fans of Iowa. Only guy committed to Iowa this year... is from Iowa. (I get it, you only have 1 scholly to give)

Georges Niang, Sherron Dorsey-Walker, Matt Thomas, Monte Morris, and Clayton Custer did not grow up as ISU fans. Plus those 4 alone are better than those 2 (as far as recruiting goes) by far (we're not sure how SDW, MT, MM, and CC will play)

Now I'm not calling these huge differences but Fred gets the nods in all 3 areas. You can also give Fred the nod when it comes to getting guys into the NBA. Fred: 2 Fran: 0

You give the nod to Fred, I give the nod to Fran. Obviously we're not going to change each other's minds. We're seeing some competitive ball out of both programs now, which is a vast improvement over several years ago.

D

DistrictCyclone

You give the nod to Fred, I give the nod to Fran. Obviously we're not going to change each other's minds. We're seeing some competitive ball out of both programs now, which is a vast improvement over several years ago.

I think you're mistakenly comparing Fran to Todd, in which case yes, Fran gets the nod. He's a little bit better than Todd.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008

That's cute and I am glad you are happy. I bet if you ask 100 non-biased fans from outside of Iowa, 90 of them would take Fred.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Fran seems to be a pretty decent coach too. They are young, and shown some glimpses. In a lot of ways they've been very similar to us on the road.

With that said, Fred is only in his 3rd year coaching so I would say his upside is quite a little higher.

I think next year they will start to win some of these close ones. The only pitfall is that their schedule will probably become much more difficult in the next couple of seasons, after two favorable B1G schedules this year and last.

Nah... They suck. Eat it squawks!

D

DistrictCyclone

Look at all that pent up rage...

201302231515549459908-p2.jpg

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Yeah... my aunt's name is freddie.

She's a snaggle toothed ***** though, and it wouldn't surprise me if she had male naughty bits.

Woman Named Freddie
Snaggle toothed
transgender

I now understand how your family are Iowa fans. You can walk thru the ped mall and hit one of these each time you throw a rock.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Who remembers a few years ago when there was a debate over Basabe or Ejim being the better player? That's certainly over. Ejim had 10 boards at halftime and nobody even mentions it.

D

DistrictCyclone

Who remembers a few years ago when there was a debate over Basabe or Ejim being the better player? That's certainly over. Ejim had 10 boards at halftime and nobody even mentions it.

He only had 8 rebounds at halftime, but he did have 10 points. He had a 2x 2x around the 17:00 mark in the 2nd half. Pretty damned impressive.

BallSoHard4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 20, 2012
Ames

Come on Split, saying Fran has been the better coach is just ignoring the facts.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron