Fred vs Fran.....any question

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

dafarmer

Mar 17, 2012
SW Iowa
Hey Cy Vet. Like your avatar too! Still reminds me of the movie star, Francis the talking mule.:twitcy:

D

DistrictCyclone

You have more rep on the way as soon as my rep gun is reloaded.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
Do Hawk fans think Fran is the bees knees just because Lickharder was soooo bad?

stevefrench

Aug 7, 2011
You give the nod to Fred, I give the nod to Fran. Obviously we're not going to change each other's minds. We're seeing some competitive ball out of both programs now, which is a vast improvement over several years ago.

you can't be serious.

Cincyclone

Feb 5, 2012
Way too early for this thread. They went about it different ways, but both are good coaches. Fred going after transfers helped immediately, but he didn't develop Marble and White players right away and we'll see the effects of that next season. On the flip side, Fran built from the ground up and will have a very good team next year. I also think that incessant comparisons are stupid and unnecessary. One coach's performance has no effect on the other's.

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
They both picked different routes to build their programs. Fred took the quick route, hoping that would help for the future. Fran picked build for the future. What Fred has done has worked out thus far, too soon to tell on Fran.

Miller is a typical Iowa fan, and a total ******* towards ISU and the fans. I lost all respect for the man when he was doing his radio show and would give so much time to Iowa and claim he didnt know enough about ISU to give them their fair shot. He would also tease ISU fans with a topic about ISU but put that topic off for days, just to drag ISU fans along.

scyclonekid

Feb 13, 2008
**** Jon Miller total black and gold wearing Dbag. Iowa State and Iowa are doing different things in different conferences so they do not compare, but I still laughed.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
you can't be serious.
100%. Why you are so confident that Fred is the better coach, when the two aren't even comparable, is beyond me.

It's all about winning conference games....and Iowa is not doing that very well.

So, I decided to google your username, your photobucket account is public. I'm sorry, but after seeing your pic, I don't feel like I can ethically argue with you anymore.

Reactions: 1 person

Go2Guy

Mar 18, 2006
Houston, TX
+ Iowa blows a 19-pter to Knebraska and Woodbury plays 6-minutes

+ Creighton lost

+ Fred wins in a Sold Out Hilton... and a Big Monday showcase will be the loudest Hilton in years.

I love February with Fred!

Reactions: CYlent Bob
D

DistrictCyclone

+ Iowa blows a 19-pter to Knebraska and Woodbury plays 6-minutes

+ Creighton lost

+ Fred wins in a Sold Out Hilton... and a Big Monday showcase will be the loudest Hilton in years.

I love February with Fred!

And I love your avatar.

jmb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 12, 2006
100%. Why you are so confident that Fred is the better coach, when the two aren't even comparable, is beyond me.

So, I decided to google your username, your photobucket account is public. I'm sorry, but after seeing your pic, I don't feel like I can ethically argue with you anymore.
i don't need to see your picture, reading your posts poses ethical issues for us all

I am on a roll tonight!

Last edited: