Fran McCaffery and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Transfer Portal

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Agree. That fanbase attaches their self-worth to whatever the football team is doing. Although the future of that program may get upended as they won’t be able to squeak out those 10-9 thrillers against BIG west division opponents. A few years of losing seasons with a lame duck aging coach and no bowl games will cause some serious diarrhea over there. Gonna be fun to watch.
You might want to check out their schedule. Not exactly murderer’s row. Even the hoks on KXnO are admitting this.

ISU_Guy

Jul 21, 2021
Des Moines
Iowa better hope they find some gold on the football field for their fans sake, but even if they do they won't be backdooring into the west title like the past. because I have a feeling the mens bball team may see some historical lows next year and the Iowa womens teams is probably going to be Mid.

• Agree
Reactions: Remo Gaggi and Jdk

Kaner04

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2019
Honestly is starting to look pretty bleak for next season, especially if the Dix rumors are true. They could end up being really young and really depleted next season. Fran may be too old and tired to dig out from this hole. If he does stick around, it only gets worse for them IMO.
They’ll just fill up on high school kids from Cedar Rapids and Moline

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Well yeah but my curiosity is piqued.

That must be a pretty toxic environment to have that kind of thing thrown out there.
I would guess Nunge and Fredrick. Maybe the Murray brothers who both lost minutes to Patrick and I imagine their dad was vocal about it.

It’s really a **** thing to say on your way out.

“**** you, **** you, you’re cool, I’m out.”

Drew0311

Nov 7, 2019
Norwalk, Iowa
I would guess Nunge and Fredrick. Maybe the Murray brothers who both lost minutes to Patrick and I imagine their dad was vocal about it.

**** you, **** you, you’re cool, I’m out.

Guessing not Nunge. He left on good turns. It was probably Frederick

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

“**** you, **** you, you’re cool, I’m out.”

I think there's been some legit dysfunction in some ISU teams but I don't think it got to that level.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Agree on Nunge. He seemed well liked. But I can’t remember any other transfers or hotheads.

Maybe Jorbo? He was an epic prick.

Bobo struck me as someone who would always have something stupid to say no matter the subject or context.

FerShizzle

person/genius
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 5, 2013
Des Moines
Bobo struck me as someone who would always have something stupid to say no matter the subject or context.
Ya. That turd is a walking fart noise. Can’t imagine he was pleasant to spend 30 hours per week with for 3/4 of your college experience.

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019
I don’t understand how any Hawkeye fans still want Fran to coach that team. He should’ve been gone years ago. How do they not see that Fran has a zero chance of ever taking them to a sweet 16? He’s got a high floor, but he’s got a very low ceiling as well. His range is anywhere from barely missing the NIT, to more than likely making the NIT, to being a bubble team and maybe winning a 1st round game. He’s literally the perfect coach for someone that wants Iowa to suck, and their fans and admin are too stupid to realize that.

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
I don’t understand how any Hawkeye fans still want Fran to coach that team. He should’ve been gone years ago. How do they not see that Fran has a zero chance of ever taking them to a sweet 16? He’s got a high floor, but he’s got a very low ceiling as well. His range is anywhere from barely missing the NIT, to more than likely making the NIT, to being a bubble team and maybe winning a 1st round game. He’s literally the perfect coach for someone that wants Iowa to suck, and their fans and admin are too stupid to realize that.
I don't know any Hawkeye fans who would say they WANT Fran coaching them, they are just in full fledged PTSD over hiring someone else for some reason. Plus the stakes are pretty low for Hawkeye basketball right now, people don't seem to care enough to care enough about Fran.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron