Fran Fraschilla: 2012/13 BigXII Power Rankings

K

KFitzy87

Question: Who do you guys think will contribute more, Percy or Georges? At this point I think you'd be wrong to say Percy... Niang is a proven scorer and is already one of the most polished players on our team.

2 inches<Near technical perfection

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
Question: Who do you guys think will contribute more, Percy or Georges? At this point I think you'd be wrong to say Percy... Niang is a proven scorer and is already one of the most polished players on our team.

2 inches<Near technical perfection

an incoming true freshman is a proven scorer?

mfelske

Mar 20, 2006
Wisconsin
absolutely. The fact that Fran regularly gives us props means, without a shadow of a doubt, that he is not selling us short. There is no way that someone who regularly gives us props would ever have reason to expect less from us than we will be able to do. Despite the fact that he failed to mention the best player we had transfer in, he could not be underestimating us. That would be asinine. He regularly gives us props.
The sarcasm is strong in this one.

K

KFitzy87

an incoming true freshman is a proven scorer?

Yes. He played against some of the best AAU talent in the country and put up good numbers, and practiced against arguably the best prep shot blocker in a long time. It's not like he's playing Iowa HS bball talent

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
With that said, our ranking is very fair. Iowa State fans think we should be higher which is to be expected but......

we lost our top 3 scorers
our top rebounder
our top 3 assist men
our 2 best 3 point shooters

You had me until here. McGee and Booker were both better and more consistent.

Edit: Than Allen, obviously not Thug Life

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
Oklahoma is going to be alot better than they were last year... still think we can sweep them

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
Yes. He played against some of the best AAU talent in the country and put up good numbers, and practiced against arguably the best prep shot blocker in a long time. It's not like he's playing Iowa HS bball talent

well crap, then I think we're absolutely golden.

I'm just surprised that someone can be a proven scorer in college basketball before they've scored a single point in college basketball

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I think we need to temper our expectations for Niang. I have no doubt he will be very good for us, but hes a freshman and will make mistakes. I just hope when he does people dont tear him apart on here.

K

KFitzy87

well crap, then I think we're absolutely golden.

I'm just surprised that someone can be a proven scorer in college basketball before they've scored a single point in college basketball

If you don't think this kid can produce at the college level you haven't watched him play enough

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
I think we need to temper our expectations for Niang. I have no doubt he will be very good for us, but hes a freshman and will make mistakes. I just hope when he does people dont tear him apart on here.

Blasphemy. He's a proven scorer.

LegendofRodA

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 15, 2011
Des Moines
I think it comes down to Royce going pro...had he stayed we would easily be top 3 on everyone's lists. With him going pro and losing 2 very good shooters, I am not surprised at all.

What does surprise me is KSU...how in the world will they finish 4th??

Gnomeborg

Dec 24, 2008
If you don't think this kid can produce at the college level you haven't watched him play enough

oh, I think he can produce. And I do think he will be quite good. But you can't throw around the word "proven" about someone who's yet to lace up a pair of shoes in college.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com

First day here?
We shouldn't tear him apart, but we surely will.

For the article, Fran omitting Will Clyburn is really poor work.

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
KSU is everyone's sexy pick this year. Don't know why.

they made the 2nd rd of ncaa's last year, return everyone, and weber did well with self's player's at Illinois in his first year. if you win a game in the tourney and return your entire team, you're usually a top 25 team preseason. (ok, they lose samuels, but everyone else of significance is back).

K

KFitzy87

oh, I think he can produce. And I do think he will be quite good. But you can't throw around the word "proven" about someone who's yet to lace up a pair of shoes in college.

So answer the question... Who do you think is the better player NOW... Percy or Niang?

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
We are only giving up an inch to last years tallest starter if one defends the 5.

I'll concede that point.

However, comparing the bodies of Royce who had 3 years of weight training to Niang is not fair to Georges. That probably makes a bigger difference than just height.

GoCubsGo

Jul 22, 2008
Not sure if serious.

Who's he going to start over? Ejim or Clyburn cause you can't start all 3 of them. We'd be the shortest team in the country.

I don't see Niang starting either. It will even be hard for McGee to break the starting line-up, and he looked great this summer. We've finally got some talent and depth, which is a good thing.

Starters:
Lucious
Babb
Clyburn
Ejim
Gibson

First off the bench:
McGee
Booker

Also getting significant PT:
Bubu
Niang

Limited minutes:
Long

Little to no PT:
Okoro
Dorsey-Walker

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
Come on Fran............Hilton magic is back = 8 conference wins right there. I am sure ISU can win 2-3 road games, which i would think puts them about 3-4th place.

Help Support Us

Become a patron