Formula One starts this weekend, am I the only fan?

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Yeah, I think experience probably drove the decision here. Probably don’t really want to sit with a rookie for an entire season again alongside Mick, who is still clearly learning/adjusting.

Frankly the move for two rookies last year at the same time just never made sense, outside of said rookies and their financial backing.
It was stated a few times: Mazspin brought daddies money. And Shoemacker (sp?) Was such a big name that sponsors were eager to be attached to that family name again.

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
It was stated a few times: Mazspin brought daddies money. And Shoemacker (sp?) Was such a big name that sponsors were eager to be attached to that family name again.
Outside of Ferrari, Red Bull and Mercedes a big part of the equation is how much money you bring to the team whether that's a bunch of individual sponsors or a rich parent it's all the same to those teams. Mick brings a bunch of money from outside sponsors because of his name. Mazepin as we all know was brining his now sanctioned daddy's money. Technically Senna was a pay driver for most of his career because of the sponsor money he brought. Like it or not that's a big part of motorsports at that level.

Reactions: ISUKyro

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Watched DTS over the weekend, really disappointed there wasn’t more about Kimi Raikkonen. Of course as far as racing goes he had a forgetful season, but he is such a personality and it was his last season in F1. Ginger Spice and Susie Wolff got more time than him. I mean, just the amount of time the guy was on the grid for his career was at least worth part of an episode. Even if he didn’t agree to sit down interviews, he should have had more mentions.

Reactions: ISUKyro

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Watched DTS over the weekend, really disappointed there wasn’t more about Kimi Raikkonen. Of course as far as racing goes he had a forgetful season, but he is such a personality and it was his last season in F1. Ginger Spice and Susie Wolff got more time than him. I mean, just the amount of time the guy was on the grid for his career was at least worth part of an episode. Even if he didn’t agree to sit down interviews, he should have had more mentions.

Wait Christian Horner is married to Ginger Spice? She did look familiar.

• Funny
Reactions: JHUNSY

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006

I'm normally somebody who thinks shows are long enough already. This show could be 20 episodes a season and it wouldn't be enough for me.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Had similar thoughts.
Thean has done his time for F1. Would have been nice to see some thing for him

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
I just finished up DTS and I have the same opinion I do every year. The only way they could improve it is if they could figure out how to make it the Gunther Steiner and Daniel Riccardo show.