Formula One starts this weekend, am I the only fan?

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
Checo has a ride now.

Nothing too surprising there, I think Checo's most recent win sealed it. The pink merc was a good car but a little inconsistent, it will be interesting to see what Checo can do at a big team with the same ride as Max.

The 2021 field is done at this point right? I will be curious to see if Albon lands somewhere next year. He's a good driver but could just never put it all together at Red Bull. He is still young though so I imagine more opportunities will pop up.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Nothing too surprising there, I think Checo's most recent win sealed it. The pink merc was a good car but a little inconsistent, it will be interesting to see what Checo can do at a big team with the same ride as Max.

The 2021 field is done at this point right? I will be curious to see if Albon lands somewhere next year. He's a good driver but could just never put it all together at Red Bull. He is still young though so I imagine more opportunities will pop up.
I think Mercedes still has an open seat technically.

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
Obviously late to the party so sorry about that. My wife and I were just talking about this this morning. Hamilton is obviously a top driver all time, but this incident proves how good his luck has been. These things were completely out of Russel's hands and it is amazing that the team managed to **** up royally when Hamilton wasn't in the car.

Yes, you have to be a great driver to do what Hamilton has done, but it shows how much luck really does play a part in racing.

CyJeans

Apr 18, 2017
Beaverdale, IA
Looks like Albon will be a reserve driver for Red Bull in 2021. I think Gasly got the better end of that deal in the long run vs. Albon, at least he is racing next season.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Little bit of F1 news lately. Hamilton is back (no one is shocked).

But more surprising, Fernando was hit by a car while cycling today and has been hospitalized. I don’t think much more is known at this point.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Teams have been releasing liveries, lineups over the last couple weeks. No real shockers- well, aside from Haas sticking with Mazepin I suppose.

And then Haas goes and releases this as the new livery..

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
Teams have been releasing liveries, lineups over the last couple weeks. No real shockers- well, aside from Haas sticking with Mazepin I suppose.

And then Haas goes and releases this as the new livery..

lol wtf, just slap a Russian flag on the front?

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Ironically enough, the Russian flag is banned from competition for the upcoming year after sanctions from the Court of Arbitration for Sport- which the FIA is subject to (relating to the doping scandal of Russian athletes).

Mazepin was going to race under a neutral flag but I guess he won’t have to anymore.. since he’ll be racing in one.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
Haas apparently has no sponsors outside of Mazepin's dad.
Heard a crazy conspiracy that Gene is looking to get out. The crazy part is that Rich Energy is back and going to take title next year under a Mazepin team.. yes, that Rich Energy.

vendedores-de-humo-y-picos-de-oro-asi-se-engana-a-un-equipo-de-formula-1.jpg

mramseyISU

Nov 8, 2006
Waterloo, IA
Heard a crazy conspiracy that Gene is looking to get out. The crazy part is that Rich Energy is back and going to take title next year under a Mazepin team.. yes, that Rich Energy.

vendedores-de-humo-y-picos-de-oro-asi-se-engana-a-un-equipo-de-formula-1.jpg
I've been hearing Gene wants out for a while but changed his mind because they didn't spend a dime in development last year because of Covid and ended up doing ok financially.

I've also heard some rumors that Mazepins dad was just going to pull a Lawrence Stroll and buy the team outright.

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
With the Ferrari livery out: all 2021 liveries are out, driver line-ups announced, and it’s starting to really build up anticipation for this upcoming season.

Bahrain testing this weekend, starting Friday.

The popular Netflix Drive to Survive series is releasing season 3 next Friday, the 19th.

And racing in Bahrain the weekend after that, starting on Friday the 26th.

Reactions: PFlatts

JHUNSY

Aug 31, 2013
Des Moines, IA
With the Ferrari livery out: all 2021 liveries are out, driver line-ups announced, and its starting to really build up anticipation for this upcoming season.

Bahrain testing this weekend, starting Friday.

The popular Netflix Drive to Survive series is releasing season 3 next Friday, the 19th.

And racing in Bahrain the weekend after that, starting on Friday the 26th.

I probably like the new Alpine livery the most. Curious what everyone else thinks.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames

I probably like the new Alpine livery the most. Curious what everyone else thinks.

I'm a fan of the Alpha Tauri, still love the McLaren papaya even though it's not much different from 2020, not big on the Haas or Williams look.

• Agree
Reactions: JHUNSY