Former Texas HC, now assaulter, fired

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I'm so confused and I'm not reading through 25 pages of nonsense. Some people think Beard assaulted his daughter's boyfriend? The police report pretty clearly states it's his fiancé who was choked and bitten.
That was just a rumor/lie.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
Chris-Beard-children.jpg

Beard has a female ex, a female fiance, and three female daughters.

That many females in your life might be enough to drive you batsh@@ crazy.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
What I find interesting is the UT AD hasn’t addressed the media, only the interim coach. What a weasel. Doesn’t have to say much and maybe even reiterate the press release which is already out there. But no way should you let the interim coach do the dirty work. This is not the only time where they acted unprofessionally. From throwing their tennis coach under the bus, throwing the Big 12 under the bus and now throwing the interim coach to the wolves, the UT athletic department administration has to be the worst of the weasels.

CascadeClone

Oct 24, 2009
What I find interesting is the UT AD hasn’t addressed the media, only the interim coach. What a weasel. Doesn’t have to say much and maybe even reiterate the press release which is already out there. But no way should you let the interim coach do the dirty work. This is not the only time where they acted unprofessionally. From throwing their tennis coach under the bus, throwing the Big 12 under the bus and now throwing the interim coach to the wolves, the UT athletic department administration has to be the worst of the weasels.

UT is just a cancer, and I am glad they have been excised from the Big12. How terrible do you have to be to make the Aggies a more rational conference partner??

Can't wait until the Whorns are "too good" for the SEC in about 2030, and go independent like Notre Dame...

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
Missed the tennis deal, what happened there?

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
UT is just a cancer, and I am glad they have been excised from the Big12. How terrible do you have to be to make the Aggies a more rational conference partner??

Can't wait until the Whorns are "too good" for the SEC in about 2030, and go independent like Notre Dame...
Trouble is, they will never get the TV deal that Notre Dame has. ESPN will never make the mistake with the Longhorn Network again. Basically, they have been an independent since SMU got the death penalty. But agree that UT is a cancer and they will get tired of the SEC, like they got tired of the SWC and Big 12.

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
Yeah, I thought he was be the same as like Rick Barnes. Get a lot of talent and then underachieve with that talent and then eventually would get let go. His last two years at Tech he way underachieved for the talent they had. Same thing last year at Texas.
He won 22 games in first year at Texas. His last two years at tech was the heart of the pandemic as well. Plus he was probably having issues at home with his fiancé(they’ve been together 6 years).Something this bad doesn’t happen because of one thing. They probably had fights all the time the past few years and he hit his breaking point. Problems at home tend to affect your work life as well and create massive distractions.

Kinch

Sep 19, 2021
Missed the tennis deal, what happened there?
SI had a big article about it. The FBI investigation on Project
Varisty Blues. Texas pressured coaches to be fundraiser first, coaches second. Parents offered bribes to get their children admitted under athletic scholarships. The tennis coach told the athletic department what the parents requested, they okayed it and signed off on it and then when the FBI came calling, it was the tennis coach that got in trouble and the athletic director pointed his finger at him and that guy had to serve the time. If any program qualified for the death penalty over that investigation it was the University of Texas.

• Wow
Reactions: Gorm

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
He won 22 games in first year at Texas. His last two years at tech was the heart of the pandemic as well. Plus he was probably having issues at home with his fiancé(they’ve been together 6 years).Something this bad doesn’t happen because of one thing. They probably had fights all the time the past few years and he hit his breaking point. Problems at home tend to affect your work life as well and create massive distractions.
Or, he’s abused her before and she hit her breaking point and finally called the police.

farm85

Mar 23, 2016
Flekkefjord, Norway
I heard that the AD is at McDonald's in Lubbock...;)

• Haha
Reactions: Kinch

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
The lawyers are just making sure they have cause locked up tight to avoid any type of pay out.

He's coached not only his last game at Texas but also in college basketball as a whole. If, and it's a big if, he ever gets another job it'll be a non-public NBA job somewhere.

He’ll get another job at some point in college. Just give it some time.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Posters on here complain about cave-like activity but the mods can't see everything. Using the report button can help the mods clean up some of that activity. Thanks for the reminder for that.
It's also a trend I'm seeing in CF, overall. If there's a post you don't like, you can ignore that person, counter them, hit the report button if you think it's not pertinent. There are options.
The We Will/NIL threads have unfortunately taken a brutal hit being locked regularly because of people that can't comprehend the above sentence.