Former Cyclones at other schools 2022-23 season

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Game can be seen on espn 2 currently. Winner advances to play the 4 seed Northern Kentucky in the championship. Hope we can get some former cyclones into the tournament

Reactions: isufbcurt

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
he's actually being used to his skill set
He's looked like the best player on the court most of the time he's out there. Playing the 5 at this level makes a lot more sense than trying to make him a big wing in the Big 12. The guy is skilled and has talent, he just wasn't quite a Big 12 caliber player. Happy to see him balling out with D Rob

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
He's looked like the best player on the court most of the time he's out there. Playing the 5 at this level makes a lot more sense than trying to make him a big wing in the Big 12. The guy is skilled and has talent, he just wasn't quite a Big 12 caliber player. Happy to see him balling out with D Rob

playing the 5? When I watched he was playing the wing. They had another guy (#35 i think) that played the 5 and was also pretty good.

I'll disagree in that I think he was a big 12 talent he just wasn't used to his skills.

You can tell D Rob is more of an offensive coach, that team raced up the court and was very active on offense.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
playing the 5? When I watched he was playing the wing. They had another guy (#35 i think) that played the 5 and was also pretty good.

I'll disagree in that I think he was a big 12 talent he just wasn't used to his skills.

You can tell D Rob is more of an offensive coach, that team raced up the court and was very active on offense.
IDK I guess I just saw him doing most of his scoring in the paint. Post moves and dunks. Maybe he wasn't playing the 5. He just looked like the biggest player on the court for Cleveland St a lot of the time. Agree on D Rob, he has them playing an exciting style of basketball

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
When I watch Enaruna he tends to only go left. Every time. Super happy for him but I don't think he would be having even remotely the same success here.

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
So of the former players, Bolton, Hinson and Hunter are in the tourney, and Enaruna is in the championship game. Any others have a shot at the tourney?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
So of the former players, Bolton, Hinson and Hunter are in the tourney, and Enaruna is in the championship game. Any others have a shot at the tourney?
Jaden Walker - ECU starts AAC tournament this week
Tyler Harris - USF starts AAC tournament this week
Xavier Foster - SMU starts AAC tournament this week
Javan Johnson - Depaul starts Big East tournament this week
Darlinstone Dubar - Hofstra lost last night

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Hofstra was the 1 seed in their conf tourney, but the other 4 schools are all below .500 on the season and extreme longshots to make the tourney

Nader_uggghhh

Jul 11, 2017
Jaren Holmes says what's up
We're talking about a drop-step spin from a forward, not a guard driving to the hoop. Jaren has also been scouted pretty well and it's been really tough for him to get to the rim in the second half of conference play. Not gonna try to tell you that he doesn't like to go right.

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Dubar has averaged 9.9 ppg this season (3rd on the team), 4.8 rpg (also 3rd). 51% FG 71% FTs
A good season for him and Hofstra. All for naught, as they lose their shot in a one bid league. I do think he'll have more games though, as mid major regular season conference Champs are guaranteed a spot in the NIT I believe
This is correct. Zion Griffin and Tennessee State were bounced early in the Ohio Valley tournament last week. They were a higher seed but got upset. I think his eligibility is finally exhausted.

Nate Jenkins and Green Bay lost early on in the horizon tournament also, though it was expected as they were one of the worst teams in the sport all year.

I'll be tuning into Tristan and Rasir tonight in their respective conference championship games. Should be a good night of basketball!

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
We're talking about a drop-step spin from a forward, not a guard driving to the hoop. Jaren has also been scouted pretty well and it's been really tough for him to get to the rim in the second half of conference play. Not gonna try to tell you that he doesn't like to go right.
If you sit on Jaren's right hand and pressure him then he's going to turn the ball over 8 outta 10 times, especially brining the ball up.

Cyclones8824

Cyclones nation. Let’s ride
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 16, 2022
Ankeny
Cleveland State down 3 at half. Tristan leads everyone with 11 points

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Cleveland St has been lucky in the last few minutes. N Kentucky with several chances to extend lead and then on a broken play Cleveland State gets a 3 to get within 2.