For you basketball recruit people. 3 new names

Steve

Apr 11, 2006
Now please just don't tell me we won't have Staiger

I'm not about to tell you that, but no one knows for sure what will happen between now and next Nov. We should know that as well as anybody from our experiences the last few years. You keep recruiting to cover for contingencies. If there are no surprises, we likely won't close the deal with another SG.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Why the infatuation with Darius Stevens?

I think the infatuation is because of several reasons...
1 - He's the son of an ISU legend
2 - He's a great ball player for his age
3 - He's very athletic and bound to develop well
4 - He's a very good kid that has handled himself very well

clones11

Apr 2, 2006
Marion
i have talked to a lot of older people who were around when Barry was at ISU and they have all said they would chip in to pay for his college if it meant he would come to ISU. yes i know that would be illegal but that shows how much that family means to the Cyclone family

Erik4Cy

Jan 22, 2007
Johnston, IA
www.cyclones.com
i have talked to a lot of older people who were around when Barry was at ISU and they have all said they would chip in to pay for his college if it meant he would come to ISU. yes i know that would be illegal but that shows how much that family means to the Cyclone family

"Once A Cyclone, Always A Cyclone."

I wonder how Darius would feel about following in those footsteps, because you know every basketball fan would constantly compare him to his father...He would definitely be a crowd favorite and I am sure it would be loud in Hilton whenever his name was announced, just look at how loud we can make it for Staiger who hasn't even played a game yet (thanks NCAA! We love you! :skeptical:)

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
There is Time for this to Play Out

Sounds like Perry is a SG, or was? My question is, Do we need another SG next year when we will have Staiger, Eik, Peterson, Boozer and Wesley all able to play the position? And some are trying to add Legion to that mix. Now please just don't tell me we won't have Staiger, and Wesley is a SF. I maintain the biggest need right now for next year is a big, mean , rebounding machine at PF.

IMO we need a rebounding machine & dynamic guard scorer equally bad. The good thing is if G-Mac has a couple months to see how things play out with the current roster.

I don't see any proven players at the SG position. Staiger may opt to return to Germany. I wouldn't count on Eikmeier or any frosh to be a scorer. Peterson is an 8th or 9th man on a good team. Boozer hasn't shown me anything to date.

IMO if we get a dynamic guard scorer that will make Wesley & Craig's job easier. Plus I'd feel more comfortable with Thompson & Brackins in the post with Cory and Wesley filling some minutes.

Kyle

Mar 30, 2006
There is no such thing as having too many talented guards who can shoot in G-Mac's system. He likes to play three guard lineups and his offense relies a lot on the 3 point shot. The two people we are expecting to be outside shooters - Lucca and Wes - haven't even stepped foot on the court yet. I expect them both to do well when they do, but wouldn't put all my eggs in one basket.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron