For a Good Time, Listen to Soundoff

SolarGarlic

Jan 18, 2016
Wait... Scott Frost? I grew up in Omaha, so I know the Husker fans are delusional, but this might take the cake.

Can't see Barta making that move, but Frost would be a good hire and would definitely take a look at Iowa if it was offered. But if he's not going to Nebraska, he probably has his sights set a little higher.

The perfect scenario is Brian Ferentz taking over and failing spectacularly. That would be a very salty fanbase.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Can't see Barta making that move, but Frost would be a good hire and would definitely take a look at Iowa if it was offered. But if he's not going to Nebraska, he probably has his sights set a little higher.

The perfect scenario is Brian Ferentz taking over and failing spectacularly. That would be a very salty fanbase.

The only way I'd be OK with Kirk leaving is if Brian takes over

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Wait... Scott Frost? I grew up in Omaha, so I know the Husker fans are delusional, but this might take the cake.

He’s their best shot at a decent coach, and he’s far from a proven commodity. The only way I see him taking it is out of loyalty to the school.

67CY

Apr 13, 2006
I get a kick out of listening to the 2 hok loving hosts try to explain things

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
He’s their best shot at a decent coach, and he’s far from a proven commodity. The only way I see him taking it is out of loyalty to the school.

I should have been clearer: as a general rule, many Husker fans are delusional. A reasonable case could certainly be made for Frost going back to Nebraska, and one could also be made for why he wouldn't. I don't see ANY scenario in which he goes to Iowa.

Of course, Alford somehow failed up twice and is coaching at UCLA, so I guess plausibility left the building a while ago.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
A LOT of Campbell/ISU respect during the call in show. A lot of them seemed to realize they plateaud under a weak schedule a couple years ago and are now trending down again.
The amount of anti Brian was pretty large, so unless something magical happens and I can't see him being the next coach there.

• Agree
Reactions: ViktorLuzor

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
Its just too bad they put so much into the 2nd game of the year.

Iowa fans are stupid. As much as I dislike KF, he had done amazing things at Iowa. He has brought them so much winning and success, yet one down season and they want him out. Look around Iowa fans when you get greedy bad things can happen to your program. Remember you can Davis out of town, because he didn't win enough and ISU had an up and coming coach, and you wanted that, how did that turn out for you.

Reactions: ViktorLuzor

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
A LOT of Campbell/ISU respect during the call in show. A lot of them seemed to realize they plateaud under a weak schedule a couple years ago and are now trending down again.
The amount of anti Brian was pretty large, so unless something magical happens and I can't see him being the next coach there.

I heard the last 45 minutes, and got a way different take than that, the one host was just being a douche towards us and a couple of their callers called us clowns and delusional for enjoying our season and having hope for the future. Overall it was I would expect from their call in show. It was still kind of fun just to listen to them whine.

2020cy

Aug 7, 2006
They had to talk about the merits of giving kids whiskey when they’re sick because there was really nothing else to talk about.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis

If KF were to retire/leave this year you'd be right that they would likely hire someone other than BF.

That said giving him Off coordinator responsibilities and extending KF last year point to Iowa grooming BF for the HC gig. KF will stay HC until the temperature is right for his son to take over. If he gets 8-9 wins in the next 5 years the transition will be primed to continue the legacy.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Us sitting at 5-2 is really killing these guys, ISU in a bowl with Iowa and Nebraska staying home would be too good to be true. I doubt it happens but one can dream. At the least, I'd love to see the fan bases go at each other if both were sitting at 5 wins heading in to the heroes game.