Final weekend of English Premier League all over TV

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
lol. Thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't aware what the tie-breaker situation was, but I think we can clearly say that Villa is safe.

And QPR will stay up with a draw against City unless Bolton hangs double digits on Stoke.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
And QPR will stay up with a draw against City unless Bolton hangs double digits on Stoke.
Going to be fun though since a draw will most likely sink City, so they should be playing balls out to get that first goal at least.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I'm a Fulham fan, but pulling for Bolton to stay up. Want to see Stu Holden playing in the EPL next year.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
just curious, if dempsey transferred elsewhere would you still support fulham?

Fulham supporter here too & I'd still support Fulham. Although if they move both Dempsey & Dembele this offseason they could quickly turn into a very boring side.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
just curious, if dempsey transferred elsewhere would you still support fulham?
Yep. I'm a Fulham supporter. I did pick Fulham because of Dempsey, but I won't switch if/when he leaves. Fulham is a great club to follow, IMO.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Fulham supporter here too & I'd still support Fulham. Although if they move both Dempsey & Dembele this offseason they could quickly turn into a very boring side.
I'm excited about some of the youngsters like Frei. Hopefully Bryan Ruiz can be a bit more substantial for us next year, too.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I'm excited about some of the youngsters like Frei. Hopefully Bryan Ruiz can be a bit more substantial for us next year, too.

Agree with both thoughts. I like what Kacaniklic has done too since he's started to get some run. The reserves as well as their youth teams seem to have had pretty good seasons too.

How do you keep up on Fulham news? I've got a couple of sites that I check out pretty regularly but I'm curious if there is anything that might I be missing. I've found Hammyend.com to be pretty reliable.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I usually just follow through various twitter accounts, mainly the official Fulham one. And the Fulham website. I try to watch most of the games on firstrowsports or listen to the free audio on Fulham's site.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
I just saw this and thought others might be interested...

You can join FoxSoccer2Go for a 1-month free trial at FOX Soccer 2Go | Watch Live Soccer Games Online | Champions League and Barclays Premier League Soccer Games …it covers the rest of the season, including the nPower playoffs.

Enter promo code: XOOMFOX

This way you could have one match on TV and another going on computer/tablet/smartphone. Your channel flipping capabilities just doubled. I've used a couple of different promo codes for FoxSoccer2Go this season & they've been pretty slick. Just make sure you cancel your subscription before the automatic billing kicks in & you are fine. And thankfully, they make canceling very easy on the site.

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield
fulham has become the bandwagon team in the epl the past couple years among americans who like to act like they're above those who just pick a big 4 team to support (big 5 now with city), just like villa and spurs used to be

no matter what people say in here, once dempsey leaves and they go back down to the bottom 1/3 of the table again, they'll lose many of their new fans who dont want to follow a team that plays for 0-0 draws and is just happy to not be relegated

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield
i actually dont really care about the teams fighting for relegation this year...i'm more interested in seeing if blackpool can come back up

they were a really fun team last year and many people thought it'd be years before they'd come back up, so hopefully they make it back after just one season back in the championship

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield
These matches are all at 8 am CST on Saturday. Even if they don't get crazy ratings I don't think it's going to kill Fox to put these matches on live on networks like FX, Speed, FuelTV, Fox Sports Regional Networks, etc. In fact, they will probably draw more eyeballs than whatever else would have been on at that time.

they're all on sunday at 9am for those actually wondering, not 8am on saturday

TallKidIsTall

Mar 4, 2012
Fairfield
Should be a good weekend, the only for sure spots at the top and bottom is Blackburn. It'll be interesting to see how much fight QPR has for City.

Did Dempsey ever sign the Fulham extension? He might get a shot at a bigger club if he tests the market.

wolves have been assured of being relegated for the past few weeks

the only way there will be any relegation drama is if bolton wins

CEcyclone

Dec 15, 2011
Lenexa, KS
i actually dont really care about the teams fighting for relegation this year...i'm more interested in seeing if blackpool can come back up

they were a really fun team last year and many people thought it'd be years before they'd come back up, so hopefully they make it back after just one season back in the championship

I like West Ham and Americas favorite goalie Robert Green to be the third team to be promoted. Still not sure how the let the top two spots slip away from them in the last couple months, looked like they were go to run away with it. They handled Cardiff easily enough and i see them keep this momentum moving forward to the EPL.

VikesFan22

Nov 9, 2011
Ames, IA
I like West Ham and Americas favorite goalie Robert Green to be the third team to be promoted. Still not sure how the let the top two spots slip away from them in the last couple months, looked like they were go to run away with it. They handled Cardiff easily enough and i see them keep this momentum moving forward to the EPL.

Robert Green :yes:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron