Final ISU vs Kansas Predictions

Flag Guy

Mar 2, 2007
I'll take I've learned better than to speculate and so I'll just drive my happy *** down there and find out tomorrow :confused:

gwoodclone

Jul 11, 2007
Hmmm.....I've been going back and forth between a couple of predictions....

I'm going to go with the slightly more reasonable one:

Iowa State Cyclones : 35

Kansas Jayhawks : 31

I nearly throw my remote into the TV screen as KU drives down the field late and kicks a field goal with :12 to take a 31-28 lead. On the following kick-off, ISU returns it for a TD to win with the clock showing 0:00. In his outrage with the KU special teams, Mangino gobbles up all the ISU fans as they rush the field.:wink:

drum1306

Sep 17, 2007
You might want to lay low for a while because you're probably wanted for murder.

I don't want to get my hopes up, so I'll go with 28-14 KU.

Tulsa Cyclone

Nov 21, 2006
Tulsa, OK
I'm sure sure Chizik and Company have done their best game planning of the year for Kansas. Kansas players are thinking about playing Missouri in Arrowhead the following week...if only a little bit. Iowa State isn't going to a Bowl game. There is no tomorrow. This is a springboard for next year.

ISU players will leave everything on the field. The players will probably all be going home for Thanksgiving and will want to on a good note. Home field won't be much of an advantage for KU, especially with a good ISU fan turnout and the ISU Band in attendance.

Here my unscientific methodology (+/- degree of acurracy...100%):

-In their last two games, the Kansas defense has given up 39 points to NU and 28 points to OSU. More points than they have given up all year.
-Not including the Texas game (56-3, statistical anomaly?), Iowa State has given up 280 points (average of 28) in 10 games.
-Iowa State has scored 31 points in the last two games, their second highest point total since scoring 35 against Toledo.

Iowa State will match their season high score and hold a good KU team, who is reading their own clippings and looking ahead to playing Missouri, to the weighted average point total.

Iowa State 35
Kansas 28

Help Support Us

Become a patron