Ferentz's Emphasis on the ISU Game

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
link the number one goal, or just make it easy and admit you made it up.

I think he's commended Iowa as being a solid program that required a process to get to where they are, which is what he's doing.

But last October is evidence enough that there's more going on at ISU. It's all talk, but I also don't get the impression from ISU's players that the even consider last year a success.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
I think he's commended Iowa as being a solid program that required a process to get to where they are, which is what he's doing.

But last October is evidence enough that there's more going on at ISU. It's all talk, but I also don't get the impression from ISU's players that the even consider last year a success.

I agree with you, but I have never seen anything where he has put beating Iowa as his number one goal.

• Agree
Reactions: BWRhasnoAC

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Still need to link where he says beating Iowa is his number two goal.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.th...mpbell-for-year-two-20170105?template=amphtml

“I think the expectation from here on out is your goals as a program are to play in and win a bowl game, to beat your rivals and No. 3 is to compete and win a Big 12 championship,” Campbell said.

Iowa State doesn’t have any rivals other than Iowa, so it is pretty clear that is who CMC is talking about. It is nice to know he thinks that highly of Iowa’s program that he would rather beat that TOE than compete for a conference championship.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/college/football/highs-and-lows-from-first-season-at-iowa-state-motivate-matt-campbell-for-year-two-20170105?template=amphtml

Iowa State doesn’t have any rivals other than Iowa, so it is pretty clear that is who CMC is talking about. It is nice to know he thinks that highly of Iowa’s program that he would rather beat that TOE than compete for a conference championship.

Didn't say beating Iowa. I think it's YOU that thinks that highly of the hoks. Hokdom at its finest.

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thegazette.com/subject/sports/college/football/highs-and-lows-from-first-season-at-iowa-state-motivate-matt-campbell-for-year-two-20170105?template=amphtml

No where in that link you posted mentioned Iowa at all.

IASTATE07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 30, 2016

What a shock Benji was making it up.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Iowa State doesn’t have any other rivals. Who else could he have been talking about?
Iowa State doesn’t have rivals? You don’t think playing a team over a 100 times and it being basically deadlocked that it’s not a rivalry?

Trollolollollollll

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Iowa State doesn’t have rivals? You don’t think playing a team over a 100 times and it being basically deadlocked that it’s not a rivalry?

Trollolollollollll

I legitimately don’t even know who you’re talking about. If I had to venture a guess I would say Kansas State? And no, I don’t think anyone considers Iowa State and Kansas State to be a rivalry.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.

Ok weak minded one, I guess I have to explain it to you. First off what are the goals of every college team outside the top five programs? It’s what he listed, believe it or not it’s what Iowa’s probable goals are.

Next, he didn’t mention Iowa because he wasn’t specifically talking about Iowa. Rivals can change. When you are struggling, it’s the poorer teams, Kstate over the years has been one since the series over its life has been competitive. If we consistently become a top 3 program, an OU or TCU could then be a bigger deal than Kstate.

Next, you can’t really play in bowl games or win a conference championship without beating rivals (or any team for that matter), which refer to the last paragraph on who most teams consider their rivals.

Btw, using hawk logic, he said rivalS not just rival so it means more than one. Why don’t you do a little reading and learn some basic comprehension.

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
Ok weak minded one, I guess I have to explain it to you. First off what are the goals of every college team outside the top five programs? It’s what he listed, believe it or not it’s what Iowa’s probable goals are.

Next, he didn’t mention Iowa because he wasn’t specifically talking about Iowa. Rivals can change. When you are struggling, it’s the poorer teams, Kstate over the years has been one since the series over its life has been competitive. If we consistently become a top 3 program, an OU or TCU could then be a bigger deal than Kstate.

Next, you can’t really play in bowl games or win a conference championship without beating rivals (or any team for that matter), which refer to the last paragraph on who most teams consider their rivals.

Btw, using hawk logic, he said rivalS not just rival so it means more than one. Why don’t you do a little reading and learn some basic comprehension.

Except Iowa State doesn’t have more than one rival. If you want to pretend CMC wasn’t talking about Iowa because he didn’t specifically mention them, go right on ahead. I’ll just pretend Brian Ferentz wasn’t talking about Iowa State when he said “those guys from Ames” because he never specifically mentioned Iowa State, either.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Except Iowa State doesn’t have more than one rival. If you want to pretend CMC wasn’t talking about Iowa because he didn’t specifically mention them, go right on ahead. I’ll just pretend Brian Ferentz wasn’t talking about Iowa State when he said “those guys from Ames” because he never specifically mentioned Iowa State, either.

Why do you think Kstate isn’t our rival? Heck they even started calling it Farmegeddon back in 2005 area due to both being ag schools.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron