Ferentz's Emphasis on the ISU Game

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Of course Iowa-Iowa State is a rivalry, but much moreso to those guys in Ames. CMC has stated publicly that he is emulating Iowa’s program, and that beating Iowa is the program’s top goal. To say that game is CMC and Iowa State’s Super Bowl would be the understatement of the century.

So much Hokdom going on here...it's that time of year to shut off the ISR for me.

FWIW the quoted statement is a good reminder that ISU needs to do good things consistently so moron Iowa fans can maybe at least think about shutting up. They started last year by doing what no state program had ever done by beating two top 5 teams in the regular season so hopefully those things continue.

jmkc12

Apr 27, 2017
Of course Iowa-Iowa State is a rivalry, but much moreso to those guys in Ames. CMC has stated publicly that he is emulating Iowa’s program, and that beating Iowa is the program’s top goal. To say that game is CMC and Iowa State’s Super Bowl would be the understatement of the century.

Kirk Ferentz said last year that beating ISU and Nebraska was the highlight of the season

benjimill

Apr 8, 2018
So much Hokdom going on here...it's that time of year to shut off the ISR for me.

FWIW the quoted statement is a good reminder that ISU needs to do good things consistently so moron Iowa fans can maybe at least think about shutting up. They started last year by doing what no state program had ever done by beating two top 5 teams in the regular season so hopefully those things continue.

The quoted statement is a fact- CMC said he emulates Iowa’s football program and that beating Iowa is the Iowa State football program’s number one goal. I guess you can interpret that however you’d like.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008
Do we really need another thread in ISR that will ultimately result in the same conversation that is occurring in the other suspension thread?

If it saves me time digging through the old thread to find the new information, I'm all for it. I don't get you peoples' aversion to new threads.

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
If you devoted an entire forum on your website to Boise State I guarantee you they would show up.

Iowa fans would show up regardless. Every time I read/hear anything about ISU, there are always Hawk fans who have to interject with anti-ISU/pro-Iowa BS, even when it's not involving Iowa. I applaud CF for having a forum to collect the trolling while the other ISU forums are left for better discussion.

• Funny
Reactions: 67CY

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The degree to which Iowa focuses on the Iowa State game every year at the the expense of their conference season really is shameful. Really bush league.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
The quoted statement is a fact- CMC said he emulates Iowa’s football program and that beating Iowa is the Iowa State football program’s number one goal. I guess you can interpret that however you’d like.

link the number one goal, or just make it easy and admit you made it up.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron