Ferentz

Clonefan94

Oct 18, 2006
Schaumburg, IL
He would have to stop making bowl games. Let's face it, the Big is relatively weak and they have a great set of Bowl tie ins. If you can finish in the top 5 or so of the league you are almost guaranteeing a pretty good paying bigger name bowl. Add that to a fanbase that is known for traveling and they'll usually get picked pretty high for bowl games. Then, to top it off, KF usually prepares his team pretty well for those bowl games. At the end of the year, that's what people remember.

Believe me, I would love the excuse for firing KF to be that he couldn't beat ISU enough, but there is no way that ever happens. Personally, I think it would take at least 2 non bowl seasons in a row for any serious discussion to happen. Which I just don't see happening at all. Iowa is built as a quintessential Big 10 team. They fit perfectly in that conference to sometimes having a shot at being the best, but rarely, if ever being the worst. They are almost always going to, at the very worst, squeak out 3 wins in that league. With their non-con, that almost always puts them in a bowl.

that being said, if they were to lose to UNI this weekend, I do believe the seat would get a little warm.

ahaselhu

Sep 10, 2007
Clarinda, IA
At the risk of a hijack...I thought I read something somewhere that ISU returns 8 starters (4 on each side of the ball) next season. Assuming that data is correct, how does that support your assertion in bold?

Then again, if I'm all wet and you return 17 starters, I would agree 100%.

Wow, didn't realize it but you're right. I think we may be losing more than we realize.

On offense WR will likely take a hit, with Gary, West, and Bundrage being the only returners with significant experience. Brun will be back at TE, all the RBs return, QB we have Barnett. Return 3 OL and the others will have lots of game experience. If we have WRs step up we should be ok.

On defense, I think DT and LB are obvious holes, we'll need someone to step up there. CB might have a slight dropoff, but early returns are that the underclassmen are pretty good, and are getting some experience. DE looks to be improved with morrissey and Irving seeing lots of playing time, and Scott returning.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron