Ankeny, IA
www.jeremybingaman.com

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
If true, how bitter can one guy be?

I know people want to give him a pass but he held the team hostage the last few years hemming and hawwing about whether he was going to retire. Once he made his decision the team had no choice but to move forward with life after Favre. When he changed his mind he expected them to drop everything they had planned to accomodate him.

He's had a fantastic career, if this is true, I don't know why he would tarnish his legacy with these actions.

cloneu

Jul 26, 2007
Urbandale
www.golfdsm.com
It doesn't count if he told the Packers. Mike McCarthy could have handed the Lions the game plan and it probably wouldn't matter. If Farve would talk to the Bears or Vikings then it is a bad move.

djkent01

Feb 21, 2008
Des Moines, IA
If this is true, I do not want Favre going to the HOF in a Packer uniform.

Favre's bitterness may be best explained by the fact that the first year starter that everybody was criticizing is performing solidly, playing through injury, and has the youngest team in the NFL in contention at this point in the season. SO FAR, it looks like the Pack made the right decision.

TheHelgo

Mar 20, 2006
honestly, what a bitter, busch league move by Favre. Lost a lot of respect from me - not that my respect matters to Favre, but still.

Bubbahotep

Jul 23, 2008
Des Moines
So what. He never paid any attention when Rodgers was taking snaps in practice anyway, so how would he know any of his quirks? As far as the rest of the offense, any inside info Favre could give them was pointless the minute he left. It doesn't matter if you know every single play in an opponent's playbook, if they execute better than you, you are going to get beat.

dosry5

Nov 28, 2006
Johnston
So what. He never paid any attention when Rodgers was taking snaps in practice anyway, so how would he know any of his quirks? As far as the rest of the offense, any inside info Favre could give them was pointless the minute he left. It doesn't matter if you know every single play in an opponent's playbook, if they execute better than you, you are going to get beat.

So you'd be okay with Phillip Bates calling up the rest of our opponents this year?

Palmer

Jun 10, 2008
Johnston, IA
never cared for Favre...but....There has been a well known rift between Glazer and the Favre clan.

So I will take it as rumors for now.

Name names Jay.

shildreth

Mar 28, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
If this is true, I do not want Favre going to the HOF in a Packer uniform.

Favre's bitterness may be best explained by the fact that the first year starter that everybody was criticizing is performing solidly, playing through injury, and has the youngest team in the NFL in contention at this point in the season. SO FAR, it looks like the Pack made the right decision.

So he should go as a Jet? Or unaffiliated?

I agree it's a busch league move but cmon...

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Love Favre but if this is true is makes me mad that he would sell out his former team mates and fans.

WalkingCY

Sep 26, 2008
Kansas City
Who cares? The Lions struggle.

But I have to admit....Brett Favre sucks too. I dislike the Packers...but honestly, since he left with his major ego...I have been rooting for Rodgers to have a good year.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
If true couldn't he get in trouble with the league? Look at spy-gate... is it really that different. Maybe if he was out of the league it would be one thing... but he still plays.

The league said he violated no rules even if he did do it. Teams sign guys from other practice squads all the time in attempt to get any info at all then release them the next day...