Favorite Movie Scenes

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois

Incredible monologue. But... TV show, not movie. For Aaron Sorkin movies, I’d go with Col. Jessup taking the stand in A Few Good Men, the opening date scene in The Social Network, or maybe the home run/streak continues scene in Moneyball.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Incredible monologue. But... TV show, not movie. For Aaron Sorkin movies, I’d go with Col. Jessup taking the stand in A Few Good Men, the opening date scene in The Social Network, or maybe the home run/streak continues scene in Moneyball.
No love for "My name is Andrew Shepherd, and I AM the President of the United States..."?

Reactions: harimad

harimad

Jul 28, 2016
Illinois
No love for "My name is Andrew Shepherd, and I AM the President of the United States..."?
Omg! How could I forget that speech?!? I’m actually partial to the “People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.” line. Gets me every time.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Omg! How could I forget that speech?!? I’m actually partial to the “People don't drink the sand because they're thirsty. They drink the sand because they don't know the difference.” line. Gets me every time.
Another favorite:
Lewis, however much coffee you drink in the morning, I want you to reduce it by half.
I don't drink coffee, sir.
Then hit yourself over the head with a baseball bat, would you please?

Reactions: harimad

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Drpdrpdrpdrpdrpdrp, Nannie!!

Ok, so here's my question for the group. I love this movie. It is a classic comedy and parody of westerns. I also consider myself to be pretty liberal and "woke" as the kids say.
Can anyone explain to me why this movie is considered insensitive? I understand there's some stereotypical representations of Mexican people, but it's parody and they make the 3 Amigos look much worse.

I don't want to get cancelled, so I can withdraw the question. I just wondered if anyone knows the big reasons why this is considered insensitive.

I remember a few years ago Cyclone Football had something out with Lanning, Lazard, and one other player as the Three Amigos and it had to get removed. I didn't understand that either.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron