Favorite fast food off menu item...

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Fitting this thread was started by 'fatkid'...

Years ago I used to order "Cy Fries" from McDonalds in Ames, but they haven't acknowledged it exists the last few times I've tried. It was basically just one of their small to go bags FILLED with french fries for like $3 or $4. Glorious.

Bret44

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 8, 2009
Cedar River Valley

Years ago I used to order "Cy Fries" from McDonalds in Ames, but they haven't acknowledged it exists the last few times I've tried. It was basically just one of their small to go bags FILLED with french fries for like $3 or $4. Glorious.

God I loved those things. We would get 10 double cheese between my 2 other roommates and just go to town.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
When i was in high school, I worked at HyVee and had a buddy that worked at the Hardees that was adjacent to the store. When I would get off work at night, he'd sometimes yell at me across the parking lot from the drive-thru speaker, so I'd drive my car over and talk with him through the window. On more than one occasion, he would give me one of the "experiments" that Hardees employees apparently concocted during the slow hours. Most included about 18 slices of cheese and nearly as many rashers of bacon. I can't say that any of them were what I would call "good" but those guys definitely got creative. For example, those guys were into deep frying all kinds of things, long before the practice became popularized by state fairs.

Last edited:

fatkid1974

Apr 3, 2010
van down by the river
We used to make a double crust pizza @ Papa Johns. Two thin crusts, bottom one smeared with garlic butter and cheese, top crust made like a normal pizza. It was pretty damn good.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
Did the CYfries have red-dyed salt or am I imagining that?

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
Did the CYfries have red-dyed salt or am I imagining that?

Haha, not that I remember. I can't honestly say I actually looked at the fries themselves, though. I would usually just reach into the bag & proceed to stuff fries into my drunk face.

K

KFitzy87

You just by a McDouble and then slap a McChicken between the two burger patties

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

So your super secret off menu item is McDonald's Fries? Is your super secret fountain drink combo "Sprite?"

:jimlad:

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Neopolitan shake from in n out.

Or a double double animal style.