Favorite drink to order at a bar?

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
Man Cards are for neanderthals.

But if you want to play that game, Captain Caveman that's fine...the same could be said for Vodka, Long Islands, and Spiced Rum.

Senolcyc

Apr 20, 2010
Excluding beer, what's everyones go-to drink when they're at the bar?

Edit: I'll take it one step further.... what's your go-to drink that you order for the lady you're currently hitting on at the bar?

I order something obscure and pretentious just to be an asshat and mess with the poor working class stiff bartender. And in the unlikely event they've heard of my drink, I criticize how it turns out.

Is this really me? No. But for those who it does describe, you are sad individuals. And you know who you are. :wink:

mksmith2

Apr 30, 2010
Ames, IA
Unless you are out for dinner, ordering ANY wine (regardless of color) = turn in your man card...

Actually once you get out of beer, anything goes and doesn't affect the ownership of a man card.

It's only if you Don't drink beer then you lose the man card.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI

But if you want to play that game, Captain Caveman that's fine...the same could be said for Vodka, Long Islands, and Spiced Rum.

So is criticizing everyone else's drink choices. This thread was intended to strike up conversation and see what people like to drink at the bar, not as fodder for you to rip on people because they might happen to like a Coke in their liquor...

Reactions: VeloClone

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Actually once you get out of beer, anything goes and doesn't affect the ownership of a man card.

It's only if you Don't drink beer then you lose the man card.

I was actually targeting him specifically because he's pretty much calling out posters as losers because he doesn't like their choice of drinks. In truth, I actually couldn't care less what people order at the bar...

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

I think you started that game with your comments about any drink with coke or white wine.

Of all things, why do you have to judge how everyone else gets their drink on?

:no:

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
I was actually targeting him specifically because he's pretty much calling out posters as losers because he doesn't like their choice of drinks. In truth, I actually couldn't care less what people order at the bar...

Unless you are drinking Boone's Farm then I think your man card is safe. Booze is booze and beer is beer. The rest is all minor details that won't be remembered at the end of the night anyway. Drinking at the bar isn't about the journey, it's about the destination. :yes:

Tarbox

Jan 3, 2008
Boulder, CO
www.kccq.com
First of all, noobs=/=Losers....second of all I don't judge too harshly about how men twist their heads. I have a healthy respect for people with Herculean drinking habits and have tried to develop one myself but to no avail....*sniff*

That being said, if one of your buddies orders up a cranberry vodka or amaretto sour you wouldn't bust his balls a little bit? Come on...One of my favorite bartenders never misses the opportunity to publicly emasculate me for ordering a shot of Chambord(rightly so, I might add) and God bless him for that.

What's a little friendly ribbing between clone fans?

Last edited:
Reactions: mksmith2

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
depends on what I'm in the mood for but favs are:

1) vodka, up with olives
2) s.f. red bull and vodka
3) whiskey and diet Coke
4) bloody Mary

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
First of all, noobs=/=Losers....second of all I don't judge too harshly about how men twist their heads. I have a healthy respect for people with Herculean drinking habits and have tried to develop one myself but to no avail....*sniff*

That being said, if one of your buddies orders up a cranberry vodka or amaretto sour you wouldn't bust his balls a little bit? Come on...One of my favorite bartenders never misses the opportunity to publicly emasculate me for ordering a shot of Chambord(rightly so, I might add) and God bless him for that.

What's a little friendly ribbing between clone fans?

Fair enough. I read it wrong then. I read it as judgmental rather than friendly ribbing.

Please accept my apology for assuming the worst.

:smile:

CycloneGB

Jul 20, 2010
Originally Posted by VeloClone
Fair enough. I read it wrong then. I read it as judgmental rather than friendly ribbing.

Please accept my apology for assuming the worst.

:smile:
Originally Posted by Tarbox
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo
Cyclone bonding at its best right here fellas.

so nice to see the love for once :smile: