Favorite Christmas movie

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I know the movie is set around thanksgiving holiday, but have to add planes, trains, and automobiles. I'd quote the exchange between Steve Martin's character and car rental lady, but it would be all ****'s but here is the youtube clip

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5o8DFfYHS4]YouTube - Planes trains & automobiles car rental - This is the greatest scene from a movie ever! By far![/ame]

GeronimusClone

Oct 23, 2008
Des Moines, IA

balken

Apr 14, 2006
Ernest Saves Christmas, narrowing beating out Miracle on 34th Street and It's a Wonderful Life.

RandomFan

Aug 11, 2009
Clearly Bad Santa is the correct answer.

NSFW:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKNrYb0s3xc&feature=related"]YouTube - Bad Santa - Reindeers[/ame]

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
The best Christmas Carol is still the original 1951 British version with Alastair Sim. He is SCROOGE!

I also like Joyeux Noel which is about the WWI Christmas truce called by the troops in WWI. Not really a Christmas story, more of a soldier’s story that involves Christmas. Great movie.

joyeux%20noel.jpg

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Christmas Vacation
Bad Santa
A Christmas Story
Elf (I don't even like Will Ferrell but when he goes to put the star on the tree I don't know if I have laughed harder)
Home Alone

Cycloin

Feb 5, 2009
Johnston
I'll excuse all those that mentioned A Christmas Story. The correct answer is actually Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas.

Mumbai1986

Mar 9, 2008
Arlington, VA
Bad Santa does crack the hell out of me. When Billy Bob rips up the advent calendar andthen replaces the chocalate with just random crap. That chubby kid also makes me smile.

twistedredbird

Apr 26, 2008
Midwest
The best Christmas Carol is still the original 1951 British version with Alastair Sim. He is SCROOGE!

I also like Joyeux Noel which is about the WWI Christmas truce called by the troops in WWI. Not really a Christmas story, more of a soldier’s story that involves Christmas. Great movie.

joyeux%20noel.jpg

Just watched Joyeux Noel a couple weeks ago on my one Christmas movie a day til Christmas journey. Loved it. Wife not so much.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I want to see this one.

Rare Exports. This Christmas everyone will believe in Santa Claus.

"he film focuses on a group of local reindeer herders whose Christmas is disturbed by excavations on the mountain. A scientist has ordered a team of workers to dig open what he calls "the largest burial mound in the world". An explosive used by the team uncovers what is referred to as a 'sacred grave'. However, the occupant of the grave is still alive. Soon, the reindeer important to the local people are mysteriously killed, and children and supplies begin to disappear from the town. It emerges that the occupant is the source of the original Santa Claus myth; a supernatural being who, rather than rewarding good children, punishes the naughty. One family, however, manages to catch the culprit in a trap, and plans to sell it to the scientist to cover the losses caused by his excavation."

WISCY1895

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 25, 2009
1. Christmas Vacation
2. Bad Santa
3. Elf

I just can't help but laugh at all the classic one liners in Christmas Vacation. Randy Quaid (Cousin Eddie) is hilarious!