Fantasy Football 2017

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Keeper league got Dak in the 10th round last year so he was my 8th rounder and got Rapelessberber in the 6th. Need to call the Steeler's offense the "Screen Curtain". With Bell, Brown, Bryant, and McDonald, they will go through any defense.

I'm not sure about Roethlisraper in the 6th, but I guess if you got the other big Steelers it makes sense to go all in with him.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
My 10 team league draft was Sunday. I had the last pick, and we draft snake (last pick in odd rounds, first pick in even). Here is who I got for starters...

1st- Melvin Gordon
2nd - Mike Evans
3rd- Christian McCaffrey
4th- Brandin Cooks
5th - Travis Kelce
6th- Cam Newton

Surprised I got Gordon with the 10th pick. I took a slight gamble on McCaffrey in the 3rd, but his stock keeps going up. Im OK having Newton for a QB...really the only QBs I would of rather had are Rodgers, Brees, Ryan or Brady, but they all went pretty fast, and when I can play up to 4 WR's/1 TE and 3 RB's, I needed to make sure I had some elite presence in those spots.

You must have had a bunch of idiots in the league if you got Cooks 4th round.

• Agree
Reactions: cyhiphopp

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
I don't see Zeke as much of a gamble relative to other 2nd rounders. You know you're getting a Top 5 talent for most of the season, and more importantly, I'm confident he'll be playing at the end of the season when fantasy leagues are won.

Zeke is fine in the 2nd round. I took Tommy Boy as my QB in like the 70th pick last year and turned out to be great.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Not really. His 4th round pick would've been #31 overall unless I'm wrong. Cooks' ADP is around 28. Not that far off.

This league must have less than 8 teams, must have missed that. But Cooks is a top 20 player to me without Edelman. Hogan and Amendola will rotate a little more with each other with Hogan getting more snaps between the two. Not sure what to think about Gronk after another injury, Allen should be solid if he isn't at full Gronk strength. Cooks is still top target.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
He was the 11th WR taken with pick 31. Where should he have gone. Speaking of idiots...nm, I'll stop.

Haha... After Brown, Jones, Beckham, Jordy, Green, Evans, and MAYBE Thomas, he's my next guy. He should be ahead of Dez, Hilton, and Baldwin. Brady's one great vertical guy was in 2007, I think we remember what happened that year. Cooks isn't Moss, but he's a good vertical guy.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Haha... After Brown, Jones, Beckham, Jordy, Green, Evans, and MAYBE Thomas, he's my next guy. He should be ahead of Dez, Hilton, and Baldwin. Brady's one great vertical guy was in 2007, I think we remember what happened that year. Cooks isn't Moss, but he's a good vertical guy.

That's awesome. Take him there. You have your opinions other people have theirs. And if you have a spot in your league anytime soon, I'd like in.

• Funny
Reactions: Tailg8er

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola

My guess is you win often.

• Funny
Reactions: Tailg8er

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
That's awesome. Take him there. You have your opinions other people have theirs. And if you have a spot in your league anytime soon, I'd like in.

I'll let you know next year. I've only been in this league 2 years. I did FanDuel the year before that.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
I've done some mocks and he hasn't gone in the first round in any of them. Usually early- to mid-2nd round. I'd be surprised if he wasn't there for you in the 2nd. Doubt he'd be there for you in the 3rd.
Usually, you get a very early choice if you are one of last two teams to join a league.

Bryce7

May 4, 2016
If I go mid to late round, I usually try to take another position as the 5-9 RB may not be as good to have as the #1 at another position. Word of caution though, I generally suck at this.
I run five teams every year in CBS Sports/ Usually try to get best QB and forget the kicker and DST after reserves are picked. I probably waste too much in points on the second QB, but it feels good to have two decent QBs. This year I have a team in fantrax which seems okay. Yes, I picked up Jacob Park.

Reactions: Cyclonepride

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron