Fantasy Football 2017

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Putting a lot of trust in Luck's shoulder...I'm in the same boat. Palmer's a solid plan B. Burkhead is an intriguing flier pick in the 13th. He just seems like the kind of guy that the Patriots will use as a chess piece all over the field.

I think it's more putting trust in being able to find QBs on the waiver wire as necessary :) Plus, I can stash him on the IR if he gets put on the PUP list.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
If pick 6's count for your teams, Luck and Bortles may win you your leagues. The only thing I remember from these qb's last year is them trying to run after defenders going for a TD.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
If pick 6's count for your teams, Luck and Bortles may win you your leagues. The only thing I remember from these qb's last year is them trying to run after defenders going for a TD.

Gotta separate real football from fantasy football. Based on ESPN rankings, in 2016 Luck was the fourth highest scoring QB in fantasy football and Bortles was the eight highest scoring QB. And you're wildly wrong about Luck throwing pick sixes. He's thrown a whopping one since 2014.

Can't really argue with Bortles. Even though the garbage points all counted the same last year there's no way he starts every game for the Jags this year.

Last edited:

cyups2323

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 13, 2013
I had a last minute cancellation for a fantasy football draft this Sunday (Sept. 3rd) at 8 pm central. $50 buy in, espn auction, 2 qb ppr league. This is an active league. Respond on here for info if you are interested.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Keeper league, 10 team ppr. All the good players have already been kept. My goal is to take one of the rookie running backs.

Do I go with Fournette, Mccaffrey, Dalvin Cook, or maybe Hunt?

I want to make a big splash and have a franchise back for the next 4 or 5 years.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Keeper league, 10 team ppr. All the good players have already been kept. My goal is to take one of the rookie running backs.

Do I go with Fournette, Mccaffrey, Dalvin Cook, or maybe Hunt?

I want to make a big splash and have a franchise back for the next 4 or 5 years.

Fournette or Hunt IMO

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Fournette or Hunt IMO

Fournette is the guy in leading towards but I don't know if he will catch alot of passes. My friends keep telling me Mccafrey but I don't see him scoring alot around the goal line with Cam and Stewart.

I'll prob just go Fournette.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Looks pretty solid. I'm leery of Hopkins though, that qb situation is sketchy right now in Housron. I love the Crowder and Jimmy Graham picks, those are 2 guys I'm targeting also.

I figured Hopkins has been pretty good with bad QB's, and it should be a bit better this year. Im more worried about having him and Miller.

gocubs2118

Mar 31, 2006
Illinois
12 team PPR league, 11th pick. No kicker.

QB: Derek Carr
RB: Isaiah Crowell
RB: Kareem Hunt
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Martavis Bryant
RB/WR: Brandon Marshall
TE: Tyler Eifert
Flex: Mike Wallace
D/ST: Patriots

BN: Ezekiel Elliot
BN: Josh Doctson
BN: Matt Forte
BN: Shane Vereen

Took Elliot with my second pick. I probably reached for him but didn't think he'd last to the end of the third round. I think I covered myself pretty well if he's still suspended for the 6 six games though. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied especially if Elliot's suspension is completely overturned.

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
12 team PPR league, 11th pick. No kicker.

QB: Derek Carr
RB: Isaiah Crowell
RB: Kareem Hunt
WR: Mike Evans
WR: Martavis Bryant
RB/WR: Brandon Marshall
TE: Tyler Eifert
Flex: Mike Wallace
D/ST: Patriots

BN: Ezekiel Elliot
BN: Josh Doctson
BN: Matt Forte
BN: Shane Vereen

Took Elliot with my second pick. I probably reached for him but didn't think he'd last to the end of the third round. I think I covered myself pretty well if he's still suspended for the 6 six games though. Overall, I'm pretty satisfied especially if Elliot's suspension is completely overturned.

That's a really solid team, especially when Elliott comes back then you can shift Crowel or Hunt to Flex. I read the Browns have a top 5 offensive line so Crowel might have a big year and he catches passes also.

Only pick I don't really like is your WR2. I think Bryant is going way too early in drafts, I think you could have waited on guys like Golden Tate, Fitzgerald, Devante Adams.

I think Wallace will catch 80-90 passes and be better than Bryant by the end of the year.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Had my 12-team PPR draft. Here's how it shook out...

QB - Dak Prescott
RB - Melvin Gordon
RB - DeMarco Murray
WR - Demaryius Thomas
WR - Kelvin Benjamin
TE - Jordan Reed
FL - Desean Jackson
Def - Pittsburgh
K - Cairo Santos

BN - Mike Gillislee
BN - Pierre Garcon
BN - Corey Coleman
BN - Theo Riddick
BN - Eric Ebron
BN - Latavius Murray
BN - James Connor
BN - Tyler Lockett

Love my RBs, I had the 5 pick in the first and wasn't expecting Murray to be there on the way back down, was planning on taking a WR but had to take him. As a result not thrilled with my WRs, was really hoping for DeAndre Hopkins but he was snagged right before my pick in the 3rd. Not overly amped about Demaryius and Kelvin as my 1-2 punch at WR, but I do think Kelvin has a nice bounce back year.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Solid. So did you take McCoy with your first and Zeke was there for your second round? Zeke went at the 9 spot in the first round of my draft.

Yep, at the time, I wished I had taken Gordon instead of McCoy, but with the suspension news, it wont matter.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yep, at the time, I wished I had taken Gordon instead of McCoy, but with the suspension news, it wont matter.

Time will tell. McCoy's SoS is much much friendlier than Gordon's weeks 1-13 and second half of the season that backfield will score lots of points if healthy.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron