A perfect team for 12 team league by round

1- Juice Bell
2- Zeke the Freak
3- Tommy Boy
4- Diggs
5- Jamison Crowder
6- Eifert
7- John Brown

If you want to win your league, you need an elite QB. Too many people made the mistake going risky on QB's the last few years (Bortles last year, Tannehill 2 yrs ago, RG3 outside his rookie year and many more). Finding other positions seems easier. Finding the right QB is tough. And mark my words, if you draft Andrew Luck or Cam Newton, you will lose your league.

Nah, I've won my leagues and I wait on QB. Unless you want to waste an early round pick on Rodgers, Brees, Brady, etc., which doesn't make much sense. Rodgers averaged 27.6 ppg last year and is going in the 2nd-3rd round. I can get a Cousins/Rivers/Stafford type in the 9th/10th round and get 22-23 ppg on average. I'll load up on RBs and WRs early and wait on my QB and be just fine.

DaHiltonHaus1

Apr 28, 2017
Nah, I've won my leagues and I wait on QB. Unless you want to waste an early round pick on Rodgers, Brees, Brady, etc., which doesn't make much sense. Rodgers averaged 27.6 ppg last year and is going in the 2nd-3rd round. I can get a Cousins/Rivers/Stafford type in the 9th/10th round and get 22-23 ppg on average. I'll load up on RBs and WRs early and wait on my QB and be just fine.

I know of guys that have won their league with that strategy. If you find a guy that just gets enough points then you are set. But especially with all the platoons that go on at running back and with more opportunities for receivers to get injured because there are so many more of them than QB's, if you find a sure thing at QB then I'd take it. Those QB's you named are solid, but Cousins lost Jackson and Garcon, Rivers is a good qb but never has been all that in fantasy, and Stafford will get you yards but TDs and INTS can be an issue for him. For me it's a lot easier to find receivers and backs off the waiver wire. Outside of an instance here and there with Kurt Warner in 99 and 08, a bonafide QB as a fantasy free agent is tough to find.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I know of guys that have won their league with that strategy. If you find a guy that just gets enough points then you are set. But especially with all the platoons that go on at running back and with more opportunities for receivers to get injured because there are so many more of them than QB's, if you find a sure thing at QB then I'd take it. Those QB's you named are solid, but Cousins lost Jackson and Garcon, Rivers is a good qb but never has been all that in fantasy, and Stafford will get you yards but TDs and INTS can be an issue for him. For me it's a lot easier to find receivers and backs off the waiver wire. Outside of an instance here and there with Kurt Warner in 99 and 08, a bonafide QB as a fantasy free agent is tough to find.

Every league is different. My league goes 19 deep on rosters. By the time the season starts the waiver wire is like a post-apocalyptic Mad Max movie. There's nothing there. I'll wait on QB and get someone who gives me 4-6 points on average less per week than Brady/Brees/Rodgers. Just my strategy.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Here's a pretty slick table that breaks down fantasy players' SoS.

You can see which teams play the easiest/hardest slate of defenses, sortable by position. So if you're trying to decide between two WRs, this will tell you if one of them plays against defenses that give up more points to WRs than the other. You can also sort by fantasy weeks. So you can get a look at their SoS for the fantasy regular season (weeks 1-13), as well as fantasy playoffs (weeks 14-16/17).

I'm definitely going to have this table up during my draft.

• Informative
Reactions: cyhiphopp

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm drafting in my 10 team work league tomorrow. 1PPR.

Would it make sense to not worry about a backup TE in a 10 team league? Assuming there should be a decent TE or two available for bye weeks? I guess it depends on the starting TE.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
I'm drafting in my 10 team work league tomorrow. 1PPR.

Would it make sense to not worry about a backup TE in a 10 team league? Assuming there should be a decent TE or two available for bye weeks? I guess it depends on the starting TE.

I think it would make sense to have a back up if you draft Jordan Reed. Especially if you like what falls to you late at TE. Otherwise, I don't see much of a need for a backup (depending on bench size and league type).

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
I'm in a 12 team so not sure how it would translate to 10 team league but if Olsen or Reed are there in the 5th, I'll pull the trigger. If not I'll wait until the 9th or 10th and pick up Hunter Henry. Lots of late round values to be had at TE. If I get Olsen or Reed I may still take Henry around then as well for a backup and a good FLEX option.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Yeah. It will depend on what falls out. I don't think my work league is full of hardcore fantasy owners. So I should get some steals.

What does everyone think about the risk of drafting Zeke? If he tries to fight it he could play all season, or HE sits out and he wins the playoffs for you.

What round does is it too hard to pass him up? 3rd?

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
Yeah. It will depend on what falls out. I don't think my work league is full of hardcore fantasy owners. So I should get some steals.

What does everyone think about the risk of drafting Zeke? If he tries to fight it he could play all season, or HE sits out and he wins the playoffs for you.

What round does is it too hard to pass him up? 3rd?

If he's there in the 3rd I'd take him but if you're in with inexperienced guys I doubt he'll last that long. I wouldn't give up my #1 or #2 pick on him being that much of an unknown.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
If he's there in the 3rd I'd take him but if you're in with inexperienced guys I doubt he'll last that long. I wouldn't give up my #1 or #2 pick on him being that much of an unknown.

I just told two people in my league who weren't following the s that his suspension was upheld. Maybe I can steal him in the 4th or later

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Regardless. Someone will probably gamble on Zeke in the 2nd round in all three of my leagues and I will let them

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
Every league is different. My league goes 19 deep on rosters. By the time the season starts the waiver wire is like a post-apocalyptic Mad Max movie. There's nothing there. I'll wait on QB and get someone who gives me 4-6 points on average less per week than Brady/Brees/Rodgers. Just my strategy.

19 deep in a 12 team league? Yowzers, whats the point of that?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
19 deep in a 12 team league? Yowzers, whats the point of that?

Interesting. I guess if you're paying attention you can hit on some late round fliers. Might be interesting with keepers to take young guys who have potential late.

But I'd think you'd just end up with a bunch of guys you never play outside of injuries.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
A perfect team for 12 team league by round

1- Juice Bell
2- Zeke the Freak
3- Tommy Boy
4- Diggs
5- Jamison Crowder
6- Eifert
7- John Brown

If you want to win your league, you need an elite QB. Too many people made the mistake going risky on QB's the last few years (Bortles last year, Tannehill 2 yrs ago, RG3 outside his rookie year and many more). Finding other positions seems easier. Finding the right QB is tough. And mark my words, if you draft Andrew Luck or Cam Newton, you will lose your league.

Keeper league got Dak in the 10th round last year so he was my 8th rounder and got Rapelessberber in the 6th. Need to call the Steeler's offense the "Screen Curtain". With Bell, Brown, Bryant, and McDonald, they will go through any defense.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
My 10 team league draft was Sunday. I had the last pick, and we draft snake (last pick in odd rounds, first pick in even). Here is who I got for starters...

1st- Melvin Gordon
2nd - Mike Evans
3rd- Christian McCaffrey
4th- Brandin Cooks
5th - Travis Kelce
6th- Cam Newton

Surprised I got Gordon with the 10th pick. I took a slight gamble on McCaffrey in the 3rd, but his stock keeps going up. Im OK having Newton for a QB...really the only QBs I would of rather had are Rodgers, Brees, Ryan or Brady, but they all went pretty fast, and when I can play up to 4 WR's/1 TE and 3 RB's, I needed to make sure I had some elite presence in those spots.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Regardless. Someone will probably gamble on Zeke in the 2nd round in all three of my leagues and I will let them

I don't see Zeke as much of a gamble relative to other 2nd rounders. You know you're getting a Top 5 talent for most of the season, and more importantly, I'm confident he'll be playing at the end of the season when fantasy leagues are won.