Fans In the Stands and in the Tailgating Lots

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
Will some other ISU fans, not @JM4CY, tell me about the Iowa fans getting in your face to yell Go Hawks, jumping around like a drunk girl, and then running away. It happens to BCClone all the time so it must be happening to others regularly too.
I had a pretty drunk, fat, college aged gal walking the same way I was heading home from the 2008 game at Kinnick. She gave me some "words of post game encouragement", I gave her some "words of lose some weight encouragement".

May 7, 2020
Hhhmmmm.... show me where I said it happens to me ALL the time. I know I said most of the Iowa fans that yell go hawks act a certain way, but I don't remember saying it happens ALL the time to me.
Saying ALL was me exaggerating. MOST (51%?) Iowa fans yell it in your face, jump around like drunk girls, then run away. It must be happening to others too.

• Informative
Reactions: criticalobserver

Ankency

Oct 22, 2018
Had a hawk fan and youngish son sit next to us, and they couldn’t have been nicer. Conversed with them throughout the game with no animosity at all. Son cheered quietly a couple of times when they did something good, but they were very respectful and complimentary of Iowa State.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
I would imagine ISU fans get treated poorly in Kinnick. Never been there and never will.
Went once. Never again. I had never been there so I thought I'd walk around and check the place out. It was not pleasant. People getting right in my face with all kinds of comments.

I listened to Blum and CW podcast and Blum said he left at halftime because of altercations in his section he didn't want his kids to continue to witness.

I hate this game and everything hawkeye. The day this series ends will be a happy one for me.

May 7, 2020
BCClone I am done, you win. Sorry that most Iowa fans that you encounter are loud and obnoxious. Almost all of it ISU fans that I have met in Kinnick, around Iowa, and in Texas have been really nice and cordial people. There have been a few drunk loud ISU fans but they are the exception.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Saul_T

Nov 16, 2020
So, can someone tell why Iowa fans (unprovoked) have to yell "Go Hawks" to anyone wearing ISU gear... any time and anywhere? Are all of them just that dooshey?
There's a large chunk of this fanbase who desperately wants a real rivalry but can't handle all that comes with it.

CyGuy5

Dec 4, 2013
Kansas City
Not to pile on, but Iowa fans are the only fanbase I’ve ever seen that feels the need to wear their gear to a game they aren’t even remotely close to being involved in. They do it at JTS, on the road, and at bowl games. After the 2018 Texas game in Austin, I had a guy in an Iowa shirt come up to me (a senior in HS at the time) and say “nice try buddy”.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
I'll say this. I've always HATED the Iowa game, absolute hatred for being in Ames during this game. My wife made me come because she wanted to tailgate with friends. Never gonna happen again! We will lose to that team for the end of time, 25% of the stands were hawks, huge amounts in the tailgate lots just yelling and breaking balls. I can't imagine anyone actually had fun Saturday.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

cydsho

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Omaha, NE
I've been to a few away games and usually just keep to myself and cheer when we do something good.
Hawk fans seem to think that wherever they go everyone wants to hear their commentary and tell you when your opinion is wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
The Texas Alabama slurs are why video is important. Surprised that lesson still needs to be taught given the world today.