EXCLUSIVE: Rob Gray sit down w/ Jamie Pollard on Campbell, CFP & more

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I took that Texas loss quite well. They were better...that simple. Nothing worse than losing when you know you are the better team. We weren't.
Agreed. It was nice that Texas actually took us seriously and their fans showed up. They were the better team but we are still trending up despite the loss.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
This was a great read. Good job by Pollard on being so open and accessible.

Cardinal and Gold

Jul 23, 2016
I’m paraphrasing/inferring here, but it is interesting how he says you can’t call the Big 10 adding Rutgers and Maryland a mistake yet, but it is sure on track to be considered that.

Also, his stats on the Big 12 footprint (I’d be interested to see how that is calculate; does his source use the entire population of Texas and Iowa or do they take the ratio of the states population:# of P5 teams in the state?) vs tv ratings are interesting. Either it really does just matter more in Big 12 country (suck it $EC) and/or people outside the conference footprint are tuning in for the Big 12 CCG because pinning the two best teams against each other is simply more interesting.

Thanks for the great read. Go Cyclones!!!

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Fourteen years. I wasn’t sure that Jamie would stick around for five years, let alone ten. Now I’m starting to think he’s a lifer.

Just exactly what we needed.

I don't pay attention to any other ADs, but JP seems to be way more dialed into the every day experiences for the average cyclone fans and not just the luxury box boosters. He's authentic.

• Agree
Reactions: Die4Cy

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Agreed. It was nice that Texas actually took us seriously and their fans showed up. They were the better team but we are still trending up despite the loss.
This is exactly where I’m at. Against Texas and Oklahoma through most of our history, we were the team that Texas looked at like we looked at Drake, but they would play us, smoke us out by half, and win by 40. This year, the only game Texas has played with that much focus and intent to win was against Oklahoma, and they had us at night on their home field. We are not the old Iowa State on the football field anymore. As much as I didn’t want to lose, I loved the fact that Texas came in and played absolutely lights out against us because they knew if they didn’t, they’d be at home watching us play in the Big 12 championship game.

KnappShack

May 26, 2008
Parts Unknown
I’m paraphrasing/inferring here, but it is interesting how he says you can’t call the Big 10 adding Rutgers and Maryland a mistake yet, but it is sure on track to be considered that.

Also, his stats on the Big 12 footprint (I’d be interested to see how that is calculate; does his source use the entire population of Texas and Iowa or do they take the ratio of the states population:# of P5 teams in the state?) vs tv ratings are interesting. Either it really does just matter more in Big 12 country (suck it $EC) and/or people outside the conference footprint are tuning in for the Big 12 CCG because pinning the two best teams against each other is simply more interesting.

Thanks for the great read. Go Cyclones!!!

I'll watch an interesting game from any conference. The top 2 teams being Oklahoma and Texas didn't hurt.

The SEC championship was interesting. The rest? No. The division format is mostly garbage.

And JP is right.....Maryland and Rutgers...garbage